Bonaldi 4-3 over AA Nevinger... View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Bonaldi 4-3 over AA Nevinger...

vanwilder141
Great weekend for Bonaldi but remember this is an extremely long season and its very early. Nevinger and Bonaldi both have alot of work to do before the season ends. At seasons end that match could be a different story. As for the BearCat team as of right now I can only see two legitimate All-American candidates in Vinson (149) and Schiedel (197).

Mayo08
vanwilder141 wrote:
Great weekend for Bonaldi but remember this is an extremely long season and its very early. Nevinger and Bonaldi both have alot of work to do before the season ends. At seasons end that match could be a different story. As for the BearCat team as of right now I can only see two legitimate All-American candidates in Vinson (149) and Schiedel (197).

Shame Gwiaz transferred. I mean, possibly good for him, if he continues to do big things in NC, but it's nice to see northeast schools putting out AAs and NCAA champs. Especially a NY school

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

TallicaFan
Stanzione/Nevinger vs. Bonaldi Rd 2. Tonight. Binghamton vs. Cornell.

wrestlingny
thanks

ResultsMatter
TallicaFan wrote:

Anyone know why neither (Nevinger nor Bonaldi) wrestled Friday night?

wrestdad
ResultsMatter wrote:
TallicaFan wrote:

Nevinger did wrestle. Won the 141lbs Barcket. Dod not see Bonaldi though. Brackets here http://www.cornellbigred.com/documents/2012/11/17/2012_NYS_A_Final_Total_Results.pdf?id=5037

TallicaFan
ResultsMatter wrote:
TallicaFan wrote:

I have a thought about it. When there's depth to each weight class. I can only assume that decisions are made after weigh-ins. I am also assuming Bonaldi never weighed in since he did not wrestle the dual or the Cornell tournament which Joe and Mike did. Mike taking 1st and Joe 4th.
So hopefully Bonaldi is alright.

ResultsMatter
Nailed that prediction - 15 months in advance.

ResultsMatter wrote:
SuperUp12 wrote:
i just love the the amount of up state local wrestlers that are competing at such a high level knowing these guys from the time they were little kids and seeing them develop in to all american div 1 contenders and all americans makes me proud to be an upstate new yorker!!

Agreed. Along those lines... check out what Nick Gwiziadowski is doing at NC State. After making AA as a true Freshman at BU last year, he followed Popolizio to NC State where he has to sit out a year. He can, however, wrestle in these early season open tournaments as "unattached." well, he has won both he has entered... is 9-0 with 8 pins and a 15-2 Major. Expect big things in the three years to come from him.... maybe even the first NCAA champ from the area in a while. He is undersized at about 235 too, and has the next 12 months to put on 25 more pounds of muscle if he can.
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2