Iowa View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Iowa

Hook
Hate Iowa, except Burke Paddock... Hope he cracks the line up next year.
Mr Paddock please keep us updated.

Bradpaddock
Will do

wrestlingny
Not only will he crack the line up , he'll make a hug dent in the Big 10 conference.

techbandit
i hope he keeps that agressive style weve watched for years. We dont need to watch wrestlers like Evans, very tough but NO offense at all. It will be interesting to see what changes Iowa instills in Burke's wrestling.

Bradpaddock
He went 25-5 this season in open tournaments. Beat some good kids. Aggressive style? Oh boy what an understatement.
Improvement..... Is beyond what I thought possible. He goes with the starters and coaches in practice. Did not get a Takedown the first month in that room. Now he is hanging in there. Is expected to start next year at 165. The iowa culture is not what the public sees. The are good Christian / dedicated coaches. They have very strict code of behavior. I'm impressed to say the least. Our section 5 guy is fitting in well. Hope for the best. I loved it when I heard brands say in interview Jesus was a tough guy. If I can find that link I'll post it.

techbandit
great to hear! sounds like he's making an adjustment that a lot of good wrestlers have trouble with. Cant wait to watch him on TV...somebody help us get more televised matches! keep workin hard Burke...sky's the limit, go get it!

techbandit
looks like you have taught your boys how to embrace and overcome challenges. Be proud and enjoy their success. I recently looked over Ian's accomplishments while at Ohio St. I was impressed with what i saw and didn't realize how many big wins he had at the D! level wrestling top competition. It's hard to stay informed since wrestling coverage on TV/news is so horrible.

johnnyrooster
Tech, the Big Ten Network is worth the little extra it costs. During the season they usually air a few matches a week, especially Iowa and Penn State. Also check out the BTN2GO app. You can follow along live on most any contest.

techbandit
can i get that channel on DISH? Thanks for the info

nmhswc
Is Burke going 174 or 184? He was on neither FLO redshirts "check out lists", even though he had an outstanding redshirt year?! Is there another blue-chipper on Iowa ahead of him?

wrestlingny
Bradpaddock wrote:
He went 25-5 this season in open tournaments. Beat some good kids. Aggressive style? Oh boy what an understatement.
Improvement..... Is beyond what I thought possible. He goes with the starters and coaches in practice. Did not get a Takedown the first month in that room. Now he is hanging in there. Is expected to start next year at 165. The iowa culture is not what the public sees. The are good Christian / dedicated coaches. They have very strict code of behavior. I'm impressed to say the least. Our section 5 guy is fitting in well. Hope for the best. I loved it when I heard brands say in interview Jesus was a tough guy. If I can find that link I'll post it.
Amen to that.
Page 1 of 1