Can Niagara Wheatfield Wrestling Claim Top State Ranking? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Can Niagara Wheatfield Wrestling Claim Top State Ranking?

omgomgomgomg
This is just silly. First off, I believe the article was posted to the forum to continue discussion, not to validate your claims. That is like saying anything written in the media is true, whether it is by a right leaning or left leaning source. News Station A says Donald Trump is a boss... Station B says he is a goon... which one is correct? Another news station can post an article claiming Niagara Wheatfield shouldn't be number one. Does that make them right?

The NFL may be a bad example but the Denver Broncos lost to the Indianapolis Colts on November 8th. Now which team is in the Super Bowl? Not the Colts. Are the Colts still the better team because they beat the AFC champions way back in November? Not necessarily.

So because Hilton lost to Lockport back in December and then came back to wrestle better against better competition at UE does that mean Lockport is still the better team and therefore Niagara Wheatfield is even better? Not necessarily.

I am not saying which team is better or which should be ranked higher, just that these are poor arguments.

LATDROP
This is beyond funny! The other schools have wrestled tougher competition plain and simple. If NW had several wins over top 20 teams then you would have a leg to stand on but that's just not the case.

NYwrestles
If I read the results right NW only sent three kids. HAHA

Cradlemaster
NYwrestles wrote:

Really?!!!! And that's a bad thing how? Hilton only sent 5.... brockport, Fairport, and penfield only sent 1 each. Does this mean they are bad dual teams?!

Do you even understand the concept of team and the difference between tournament wrestling and dual meet action?

NYwrestles
Cradlemaster wrote:
NYwrestles wrote:

Really?!!!! And that's a bad thing how? Hilton only sent 5.... brockport, Fairport, and penfield only sent 1 each. Does this mean they are bad dual teams?!

Do you even understand the concept of team and the difference between tournament wrestling and dual meet action?

Do you even understand NW has nobody to wrestle in section 6. While section 5 brockport fairport and Hilton all have to wrestle at supers you can only send so many. Also my post was to the person who commented saying they had the chance of sending close to 7

LATDROP
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Cradlemaster
NYwrestles wrote:
Cradlemaster wrote:
NYwrestles wrote:

Do you even understand NW has nobody to wrestle in section 6. While section 5 brockport fairport and Hilton all have to wrestle at supers you can only send so many. Also my post was to the person who commented saying they had the chance of sending close to 7

Ahhh yes of course everyone NW wrestles from section vi is garbage. My bad what was I thinking?! So I guess the two NW kids that faced each other in the finals at 170 doesn't count for something when only one can advance or NW's 113 pounder losing to his cousin by a point meant nothing even though nw's kid went to state last year. I guess the kid that beat NW at 120 was also a slouch... My bad I shouldn't defend them with the competition they have unless the competition is from section V.

Smoothrider
Section VI is nothing compared to section V in both divisions

Cradlemaster
There is a chance they send two or three more on wild cards.. However I don't know if one would be able to, due to injury. One probably def will as he went last year, and the third I'd say is a long shot but it's possible. NY needs to adjust its sections and do it the right way. The top two should be going to state. I wrestled in the mid west and we did two at the time now they do top 3... I know many of you are against 2 divisions because it doesn't define the true champion. The truth is though two divisions maybe even 3 down the road make wrestling more popular therefore making it more competitive... Not many kids will be interested in such a tough sport if there isn't much of a chance for success... 2 or 3 divisions give more opportunities for success. This gets more kids interested which in long run makes wrestling more competitive... At our state we had 3 divisions and nobody viewed one champ less than the other... They all were studs... This is about the kids, not about a bunch of old timers from section V gossiping on a forum and complaining about there being two divisions etc.. Just saying.. No this topic wasn't said on this thread but I've read it often on this website and yes usually from the section V section.

Gator33
Smoothrider wrote:
Section VI is nothing compared to section V in both divisions
hey smoothrider... why don't you tell us who you are.. since all you wanna do is ride section 5 you know what... keep hiding behind that fake screen name.. half the crap you post is bs..So now you claim there is no competition in section6...dude go ride a horse..coward

Gator33
NYwrestles wrote:
wasn't it said possible 4 to 7.. 3 are definitely going.. not including possible WC..So what the heck are you laughing at..? Looks like what they suggested is pretty much right on. .How about you find a life besides finding laughter on children/wrestlers that work to hard for fools like yourself to degrade on matburn.. find a life and stop living through other ppl kids... your pathetic and in no way a man...dude you need help

Cradlemaster
He's affiliated with Hilton for sure. I've picked that up on other threads. I could be wrong but I almost think his first name is Adam. Don't quote me on that. But if I'm right, it's very sad as we've sent kids to support what he does before.

mattime
Cradlemaster wrote:
He's affiliated with Hilton for sure. I've picked that up on other threads. I could be wrong but I almost think his first name is Adam. Don't quote me on that. But if I'm right, it's very sad as we've sent kids to support what he does before.

Hey Cradlemaster. Not me, not sure who you mean but, not me. Thanks for the support. Adam Burgos

Cradlemaster
Adam thanks for the clarification. My apologies!

mattime
Cradlemaster wrote:
Adam thanks for the clarification. My apologies!

No worries, bro. All of these screen names, people taking cheap shots, and the ugliness that is the internet. I personally don't have any time for the garbage that some people post. At the end of the day its about wrestling and being informed.