Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals View previous topic | View next topic

Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals

johnnyrooster
duddems wrote:
bigkidsdad wrote:
He wasn't going to succeed internationally either. Lol those Russians at the Yarigan are soft, and weak.

Marty has been way iff on many...david taylor and yanni are prime examples. Id like to hear his comments on yanni now after yannis freshman season, which was awesome, one loss getting turned last second, and hopefully🤞a ncaa title in it's very toughest weight class. Marty, you have knowledge and experience...but sometimes ur flat wrong. No worries, happens to the best.

Ha! Marty's predictions and proficies rule out any knowledge he self proclaims. And the only reason he can claim experience is because he's old as dirt!

ringworm2000
[quote="duddems"]
Falcs96 wrote:
Dake was indeed under the radar. But Taylor was NEVER over-hyped. And Dake being ranked 6th or 7th nationally wasn't an oversight. That's about where he merited a HS ranking. He wasn't Retherford or Stieber entering college.......and he wasnt Yianni either!! Its the work he put in after graduating HS that seperated him from the pack![/quote

Agreed. Heck, a section V stud named Ian Paddock handled Dake in the states. Ian was very very good (obviosly 3x) and ithink if he had been able to stay physically healthy he wouldve do e even more at Ohio St...where he did have some legit success.

Paddock OSU bio. if your a three time national qualifier in the big ten your a stud. He was a very good college wrestler. No a AA ,but a multiple time BiG Ten place winner. And hey he got a degree....awesome career.

BTW I believe Yanni will get it done. If he doesn’t i will be so bummed. But no matter what he will be a multiple time champ

Ohio State Career Honors- Three-time NCAA championships qualifier ... Big Ten Wrestler of the Week (Nov. 7, 2010) ... Buffalo Open Champion (Nov. 7, 2010) ... 2010-11 Team Captain ... NWCA All-Academic Team recipient (2010-11) ... two-time Academic All-Big Ten ... four-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.

2012-13 - NCAA Championships qualifier ... 15-9 overall; 2-2 in dual competition and 0-2 in the Big Ten ... finished sixth at Big Ten championships (March 9-10); in opening round, handed No. 1 seed Eric Grajales of Michigan a 7-4 loss ... has seen action at both 141 and 149 pounds this season ... 149-pound champion at Storm Open (Jan. 5) ... runner-up at UB Invitational (Nov. 4) ; dropped a 3-2 decision to teammate Hunter Stieber in the 141-pound final and was runner-up at Shorty Hitchcock Memorial Tournament (Jan. 20) ... earned the starting nod at 149 pounds at inaugural Grapple at the Garden (Dec. 16) in New York City; defeated Maryland's Lou Mascola, 13-2, and Matt Spataro of Hofstra via fall in 4:47 ... started at 149 pounds vs. Minnesota (Jan. 11), facing No. 5 Dylan Ness and lost, 15-7 ... also started at 149 pounds at Michigan (Feb. Cool and dropped a 2-0 decision to No. 10 Eric Grajales ... Academic All-Big Ten ... Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.

2011-12 - Did not compete for the Buckeyes ... Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.

2010-11 - Finished sixth at Big Ten championships (March 5-6); defaulted final two matches because of injury; prior to defaults, won back-to-back matches vs. Akif Eren of Purdue, 3-2, and Levi Mele of Northwestern, 4-3 ... Buffalo Open champion (Nov. 7) ... named Big Ten Wrestler of the Week after outscoring opponents 35-6 en route to title in Buffalo; defeated Bloomsburg's Jeremiah Biddle by 17-2 technical fall in opening round, followed by 2-0 overtime decision vs. Edinboro's Matthew Hasbrouck, then took 10-4 decision against Edinboro's Mitchell Port to advance to final, where he defeated 14th-ranked Kevin Smith of Buffalo, 6-0 ... finished sixth at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Collegiate Wrestling Invitational (Dec. 3-4)... went 2-0 at National Duals (Jan. 8-9), downing Cornell's Joe Stanzione, 9-7, and Northern Iowa's Ryan Jauch , 8-5 ... missed final three Big Ten dual matches because of injury ... finished season with 1-2 record at NCAA championships (March 17-19) ... ... NWCA All-Academic Team recipient (2010-11) ... Academic All Big-Ten ... Ohio State Scholar-Athlete ... Team Captain.

2009-10 - Completed freshman campaign with 24-14 overall record, including 13-7 mark in dual action and 4-4 ledger in Big Ten ... competed in first NCAA championships (March 18-20) and went 2-2; both wins earned Buckeyes bonus points - pinned Alex Radsky of Davidson in 4:38 in first round and downed Justin Paulsen of Stanford in his third match, 11-2 ... fifth at 2010 Big Ten Championships (March 6-7) ... finished season tied for second on the team in major decisions with nine ... went 2-2 at NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals (Jan. 9-10, 2010) with wins over Arizona State's Ben Ashmore, 5-3, and Thane Antczak of Minnesota, 6-4 ... in first collegiate action, finished third at Oklahoma Gold Classic (Nov. 14, 2009); 5th seed, downed No. 4 Jordan Thome of Army, 9-5, and again, 8-0, in third-place matchup ... Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.

LImarty
sticking it out at a DI Institution- and- having an honorable career- getting the diploma with academic honors. Only "props" for getting it done and future success. I remember talking to his dad in Va Beach about Hofstra. Hofstra showed limited interest. Hofstra's loss !!!

yes, rooster.....I am old as dirt. Almost 61- balding like an eagle, eyes like a hawk and a memory like an elephant.....Predictions are relative to the components . If, I'm right once a day- that's two more times than I expected. As far as proclamations go...lol. I proclaim that you are not worthy of following anymore of my posts.

Knowledge ?? I grew up and participated during the GREATEST ERA for High School Sports in New York State. I participated in organized athletic sports from the age of 8 to 24. Like many of us did. Each year playing three sports- season to season- My contemporaries are Hall of fame athletes- WE were all competitive animals...and the difference between all of us was minimal. Usually, the genetics physically would separate us but, not so much on the ability end . Knowledge is not necessarily based on someone else's writings or from statistics . It comes from CLARITY....seeing things for what they are and not by way of what they are feeding you.

and for the rest. There is a post on LIWA about Jantzen vs Rasheed...comparison. ANS: There isn't any comparison. Jesse Jantzen would have pinned Corey Rasheed in the first or second period...at worst a "tech fall". As a High School senior Jesse Jantzen was either the #1 or #2 best wrestler ever to wrestle between 138-145 lbs in New York State. The other would be Frank DeAngelis. Now, that would have been a match...In which I would have to favor DeAngelis.

bigkidsdad
Translation "neener neener ", or " i'm rubber you're glue anything you say about me bounces off me and sticks to you ", lol. Facts have no place in a Marty post.

ringworm2000
so much for piccinni beating lee. lee just stuck him.

quickpick
Micic killed DeSanto too lol.

quickpick
Yianni comes up big!

BULL80
ringworm2000 wrote:
so much for piccinni beating lee. lee just stuck him.

Picc might not AA this year...

ringworm2000
Piccininni vs Lizak in the blood round....who you got.

Don't take down Picc

ringworm2000
LImarty wrote:
Everyone can pick a #1 or #2 seed....3s and 4s too !!!

Go outside the box. Pick the upset in whatever round.

@ 125 lbs.- I like Piccininni #6/ Ok St to avenge his loss to #3 Lee/ Iowa

@ 133 lbs- I like Austin Desanto #7 / Drexel to take out the #2 seed Micic/ Michigan. Open weight class.

@ 165 lbs- the upset heard around the world..lol. Chance Marstellar #9 runs it up on #1 Isiah Martinez !!! say what ??!!!

and I have some others too.

LImarty you are the king of picking upsets.....hope you didn't put money on these ones.

duddems
I got piccinnini...off guts alone

duddems
quickpick wrote:
Micic killed DeSanto too lol.

Micic gonna take out Gross. U heard it first

duddems
Im most worried about McKenna at 141. Ya nnis my pick but Mckenna is a storied wrestler thats been really hot and peaking. Hes tough as nails and can avoid a lot of funky scrambles. Lets go Yanni D!!! Eirman is taking a loss tonight!

bigkidsdad
I want Yanni to win, but I hope to God Bryce Meredith loses. I don't know why but somewhere between the hair, single leg sleeve, and his uber xxxx attitude I just can't wait for him to lose. Go McKenna! Then go Yanni after he blows up Eierman.

ringworm2000
Yanni. thank you. love watching you compete. your the man.
Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next