Section 5 team rankings - thoughts for the season. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Section 5 team rankings - thoughts for the season.

Myboys
Pal Mac 5
Pittsford 5
C-G 5
Waterloo 5
Lancaster 6
Hilton 5
Webster Thomas 5
Canandaigua 5
Midlakes 5
St. Joe 6

Burkead145
Myboys wrote:
Pal Mac 5
Pittsford 5
C-G 5
Waterloo 5
Lancaster 6
Hilton 5
Webster Thomas 5
Canandaigua 5
Midlakes 5
St. Joe 6

Thank you.

mattime
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:
Canisteo might be back in Syracuse they have a solid core back along with some young NYWAY studs coming up. They could represent V again in DII.

Canisteo vs Hilton at the Pal Mac duals last year. Does anyone know if they will run it again this year? Or list of teams or full schedules can be found anywhere?

I saw the pool matchups for PM duals. Get ready for the season to start out on FIRE. Hilton vs Canisteo in same pool. WOW!!!

BJB7
Can you post them?

jessefeffer
OK, from the research I did, C-G graduated Graham (45-4) Woodward (42-10) Flaitz (51-2) Hackett (38-7) Sharp (48-6) and Morgan (31-17.) Doing the math in my head that was a combined 255 wins and 46 losses. I would be shocked if they were anywhere near the same quality of a dual team this year. I can't think of many large school teams that could replace that much graduated talent. Imo, they will be more like their 16/17 dual team than the 17/18 team that lost to Mount Sinai for the NYS DII dual championship. Still a great small school wrestling program with 4 or 5 elite wrestlers but not strong enough in the other weight classes to beat the other top DII teams in the state. But, I will be very interested in how their season goes as they try to replace those wrestlers.

Burkead145
jessefeffer wrote:
OK, from the research I did, C-G graduated Graham (45-4) Woodward (42-10) Flaitz (51-2) Hackett (38-7) Sharp (48-6) and Morgan (31-17.) Doing the math in my head that was a combined 255 wins and 46 losses. I would be shocked if they were anywhere near the same quality of a dual team this year. I can't think of many large school teams that could replace that much graduated talent. Imo, they will be more like their 16/17 dual team than the 17/18 team that lost to Mount Sinai for the NYS DII dual championship. Still a great small school wrestling program with 4 or 5 elite wrestlers but not strong enough in the other weight classes to beat the other top DII teams in the state. But, I will be very interested in how their season goes as they try to replace those wrestlers.

That’s a lot of wins to replace. could be interesting. Hilton has 4-5 elite wrestlers back but in duals coaches keep good kids away from each other. Hard to win a dual when one of your horses drops.

BJB7
mattime wrote:
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:
Canisteo might be back in Syracuse they have a solid core back along with some young NYWAY studs coming up. They could represent V again in DII.

Canisteo vs Hilton at the Pal Mac duals last year. Does anyone know if they will run it again this year? Or list of teams or full schedules can be found anywhere?

I saw the pool matchups for PM duals. Get ready for the season to start out on FIRE. Hilton vs Canisteo in same pool. WOW!!!

Can you post the pools? Can you confirm if West Genesee from Section 3 is coming I see it listed on the schedule under the CNYWrestling site.

Oldskool
Burkead145 wrote:
jessefeffer wrote:

That’s a lot of wins to replace. could be interesting. Hilton has 4-5 elite wrestlers back but in duals coaches keep good kids away from each other. Hard to win a dual when one of your horses drops.

Didnt Hilton get another stud transfer?

132nomore
Yes
McNeil from Canada
Probably 106 or 113 depending on where Greg D decides to wrestle
They also have Rocco who probably has his sights set on 106
Safe to assume for dual meet atleast
106 Rocco
113 McNeil
120 Greg

mattime
BJB7 wrote:
mattime wrote:
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:

Can you post the pools? Can you confirm if West Genesee from Section 3 is coming I see it listed on the schedule under the CNYWrestling site.

Pool A: PM, Pittsford, Canandaigua, Lancaster, Waterloo.
Pool B: Hilton, Canisteo, Midlakes, Webster Thomas, St Joes.
Round robin with one crossover

legattack
Bracket B looks loaded Webster Thomas looks like a good dual team too

Realdeal135
132nomore wrote:
Yes
McNeil from Canada
Probably 106 or 113 depending on where Greg D decides to wrestle
They also have Rocco who probably has his sights set on 106
Safe to assume for dual meet atleast
106 Rocco
113 McNeil