Section 5 coverage View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Section 5 coverage

Burkead145
I see section 6 are all out with preseason league previews of teams and wrestlers. Where is the section 5 love? A lot of talent in section 5 other than hilton and spencerport. Lets get some talk going about this section.

To start - Attica/Bativia in D1 and are listed as one of the teams for section 5 duals qualifier. Are we sleeping on them? will they make some noise?

jessefeffer
I'm a VI guy but I'll offer this. They are in mix as a DI team and would have been the favorite as a DII team. They look to have good roster numbers but are apparently rather thin in the lower weights. Pariso and Compton are a nice pair at the top. If the schedule holds, Falconer will see them at the Sweet Home Joe Shifflet Duals (GI and Iroquois there too) and the Dick Vincent Duals which also includes Pioneer and C-G. They are in a league with Specerport and WT so they will see good competition this season and their progress as a dual team bears watching.

wnyathletics
Shifflet Tournament should be awesome with a mix of powers like Falconer, Iroquois, and GI. Churchville-Chili has been going for the past few seasons and is always tough. I'm excited to see Attica/Batavia there as well. Other teams going are Depew/Cleveland Hill, Maryvale, Frontier, Kenmore West/East, Akron, North Tonawanda, and Sweet Home.

jessefeffer
I think we will have a much better idea of what kind of team Attica/Batavia has in a little over a week from now. When coaches start scheduling more aggressively is a good sign that they think their team is ready to step up.

ksl66
Compton is not eligible to wrestle as a senior, already competed 6 years

Smoothrider
ksl66 wrote:
Compton is not eligible to wrestle as a senior, already competed 6 years

How does that work? Did he wrestle varsity as a 6th grader?

BULL80
I'm sure he started in 7th grade and then had to repeat a grade after he started wrestling.
Page 1 of 1