Section VI 138/145 View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Section VI 138/145

jessefeffer
It seems to me that the section will have an unusually deep group of wrestlers returning and likely to be competing at these weight classes with some middleweights from the same team being potentially paired there. In what is certainly a premature look at what may be stacking up here:

Gardner/Russo Fredonia
DeWolf/J McDougald NW
A Bourgeois/ Ramsey CL
Kramer/Saeger Falc
Phommatha/ Riordan Pioneer

with Putney, Vergien, Braddell, Jelonek, W McDougald, Kulp all potentially landing at these weights. I probably have overlooked some other names and some of these kids might be 132 or 152, but this seems like a strong list of names in the 138 and 145 classes. Things can change with coaches looking to match their athletes to weight classes with better post season chances and injuries that can thin the ranks, but the state qualifiers for these weights look to be the most stacked.

BJB7
Both Justin Mcdougald and Jake Dewolf i think one or both will be down a weight. Mcdougald did certify fro 128 and Dewolf certified for 134 so either one or both will be at 134.

Burkead145
BJB7 wrote:
Both Justin Mcdougald and Jake Dewolf i think one or both will be down a weight. Mcdougald did certify fro 128 and Dewolf certified for 134 so either one or both will be at 134.

I call BS. McDougald will be at 130 for eastern states only and that’s a maybe. Didn’t he wrestle at 138 at super32 last month? DeWolf is a player but not a McDougald level. Try both go to states at 134 or DeWolf at 140. Mcdougald wins his first state title at 134 now that buesello at 140. Either way tons of depth in Buffalo this year!

wnyathletics
Typical middle weights being absolutely loaded. It'll be an exciting year in the 6

piper1
Section 6 is the place to be to get big pinches at certification?

jessefeffer
As of now, it looks like Gardner at 138 and Russo at 132 for their post season weight classes.

matmadness
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:

I call BS. McDougald will be at 130 for eastern states only and that’s a maybe. Didn’t he wrestle at 138 at super32 last month? DeWolf is a player but not a McDougald level. Try both go to states at 134 or DeWolf at 140. Mcdougald wins his first state title at 134 now that buesello at 140. Either way tons of depth in Buffalo this year!

Dewolf goes 34...he has the best chance at doing something in his senior year there despite Justin, who could go 28. 40 will have Willie and possibly Warren (or 47)

Burkead145
matmadness wrote:
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:

Dewolf goes 34...he has the best chance at doing something in his senior year there despite Justin, who could go 28. 40 will have Willie and possibly Warren (or 47)

Other that being teammates, I still don’t see it. Justin is the clear favorite at 134. Why fight the scale, possible injury, and and the studs at 128; Reading, Kellison, Carter, Burgos, Macuere, Patterson etc. at 134: Justin theeeeeeennnnnn Sciotto, Wersinger, Sampson, Daudelin. Dewolf has had a very good carrier but it’s not Justin responsibility to have him do well. Remember state championships don’t grow on trees. This will be Justin first and he can’t risk that and possibly bring a 2x Champ for a teammate. Wrestling is an individual sport and what may be good for the team could hurt the individual. In the end this will come down to the McDougal family not coaching or this forum.

BJB7
Dewolf could still go 134 even with Justin there I think the previous post was about Dewolf having his best chance to place at the State tournament at 134. Yes 134 will be Justin's best chance for a title.

matmadness
BJB7 wrote:
Dewolf could still go 134 even with Justin there I think the previous post was about Dewolf having his best chance to place at the State tournament at 134. Yes 134 will be Justin's best chance for a title.

correct - Dewolf wont be depending on Justin for anything, honestly Justin will just be an obstacle at 34 he will have to overcome when they get to sections and states. Justin at 34 makes sense once you roll the 28s out like the other poster did...34 makes sense then
NW is decently stacked when you look at some of their JV talent that cant break Varsity this year after wrestling it for 2-3 years already

Burkead145
BJB7 wrote:

I miss read the statement. “For his, DeWolf, best chance to go”. I read it as only chance to go. My apooligies

Cradlemaster
NW has a phenomenal youth program. They even have a few good wrestlers that moved away and came out of that program. Just a couple that come to mind are Logan hasley who I believe moved out of state and Aiden Poe who I think is somewhere in section 3. He may make a serious push for state this year.

madmami
Burkead145 wrote:
BJB7 wrote:

Justin wanted to go 138 at Super32. He wasnt at a cut either. If anyone knows my sons they like to wrestle up instead of suckin down.. as to what weights they will be time will tell on that..

maddad
Why didn't Justin McDougald wrestle Mason W from spencerport this past weekend? With Jake Dewolf out i thought that would have been a given. Anyone have an insight to this?

madmami
Wasnt mason at 145? Justin is not wrestling that heavy, that is his brother Warren weight class. There wasnt a need to push him up in a weight class he wont be in and NW was losing it wasnt like it was a close dual and they needed that win. NW was missing alot of kids from they line up do to injuries
Page 1 of 1