New York wrestling news high school team rankings. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
New York wrestling news high school team rankings.

Poecat
Ha ha ha those guys on cny are too busy worshiping Fulton and crying about too many weight classes. IR has a 195 lber that is a beast. He will be at state this year, then we have Alex booth who placed 2nd in the section last year, and my boy would be undefeated right now if the ref at colonie didn't award 4 stalling points to the Fulton kid, which was xxxx. My kid has never been called for stalling. It's looking like that will be a section finals rematch as both kids are dominating everyone in the section. Then IR has another 4 kids that placed at sectionals and three new ones that most likely will place this year. IR has two losses. They are to Masapueqa and Fulton. I'm not saying they win based on the thousand islands in fact I said off-season doesn't hold much merit. I'm basing this on the fact I've watched these section 6 kids their entire youth and every summer I see them at tournaments. The match ups favor IR if you're talking Clarence. Falls, and GI.... PERIOD... take a look for yourself section 3 posts every type of info possible.

http://www.cnywrestling.com/iii/teams/IndianRiver/

provocateur
Shenendehowa will drop if Shanahan doesn't come beck from injury. He's a guaranteed 6 and only lost to Gissendanner by a point in the finals last year. Shen is good, but this is a big hit.

provocateur
Poecat wrote:
Ha ha ha those guys on cny are too busy worshiping Fulton and crying about too many weight classes. IR has a 195 lber that is a beast. He will be at state this year, then we have Alex booth who placed 2nd in the section last year, and my boy would be undefeated right now if the ref at colonie didn't award 4 stalling points to the Fulton kid, which was xxxx. My kid has never been called for stalling. It's looking like that will be a section finals rematch as both kids are dominating everyone in the section. Then IR has another 4 kids that placed at sectionals and three new ones that most likely will place this year. IR has two losses. They are to Masapueqa and Fulton. I'm not saying they win based on the thousand islands in fact I said off-season doesn't hold much merit. I'm basing this on the fact I've watched these section 6 kids their entire youth and every summer I see them at tournaments. The match ups favor IR if you're talking Clarence. Falls, and GI.... PERIOD... take a look for yourself section 3 posts every type of info possible.

http://www.cnywrestling.com/iii/teams/IndianRiver/

Why did you post about Indian River and run down Fulton when Fulton humiliated them? And Massapequa beat them easily?

Poecat
Really?! I ran down Fulton? I said all the guys on the cny forum worship them. We actually get along great with Fulton. Not sure how that statement runs them down? Where did you go to school? Maybe you should tell them to focus more on reading comprehension.

provocateur
You cry about people "worshipping" Fulton. You seem to have the comprehension problem. Either that or you have a split personality. It's a line-ball, really.

Poecat
Please do tell how that statement was crying. I'll be waiting.

provocateur
"Ha ha ha those guys on cny are too busy worshiping Fulton" It's pretty self-explanatory, really. That's for those of us who are literate, anyway.

What do you call 32 women from Indian River?

Poecat
You sure as hell are not literate that's for sure. But by all means keep us all entertained with your stupidity.

provocateur
If you're going to call someone stupid then perhaps you should learn how to construct a sentence properly. Is English your first language?

132nomore
Poecat
Do you or “ your boy “ know the new stalling procedure and how the calls will be made ?

Poecat
Yes we were informed about it after the match. Because I thought it was really crazy at the time. Our team has two dads that are refs. They told me about the new rules but even said they were still bogus calls. On the warning call he actually turned him to his back right as he called it. Then the last stalling call was with only 15 seconds left. Unfortunately it was a two point call which gave him the lead 9-8. he gave up 4 points to stalling. That's the first time he's ever been called for stalling. It's also the only time. That said though I'm not making excuses. He's using it for motivation and may see him another 3 or 4 times possibly this year.

Poecat
provocateur I'm done here. If you would like to continue this discussion, I'll be in Fulton Friday. My name says who I am and I'm sure sone of the boys will be wearing IR stuff. I'll be easy to find. I'll just need to know who you are. I'll even buy you a beer after the discussion.

Geanno
jessefeffer wrote:
To further illustrate my point about these very popular mini excavators and looking like tournament strength rankings I'll offer this. Tioga is the NYSWN #2 small school and has 3 or 4 state quality wrestlers and 4 or 3 sectional quality kids. The BEDS # for them is 230 and they have 21 kids on their roster with only 4 listed at a weight class under 132 lbs. Of those 21, some have got to be of the JV, new-to-varsity wrestling variety.

They are coming to STWOA this year and will likely place top 3 or 4 there and I'd credit their coach for deciding to come to this tournament as his best wrestlers will get some really competitive matches. They also went to Matt Marino as well so they already saw some NW and Fredonia kids. They remind me of some good section VI Class D teams that were at Maple Grove, Ripley and Frewsburg over the years. Well coached and having some terrific talent but filling a winning majority of the 15 weight classes with an experienced, ready to compete wrestler is too much to expect based on their numbers alone. I could be wrong but no way can they actually be the #2 DII team in NYS although they may finish top 5 at Albany. I think the top 4 DII teams in section VI would beat them in a dual. These are two 500+ enrollment schools and 2 combined program teams, one over 500 and the other around 460.

I'm a big fan of what they're doing at Tioga and I think your argument about them is solid. Looking forward to seeing their wrestlers.

Last edited by Geanno on Jan 13, 2024; edited 2 times in total

provocateur
Poecat wrote:
provocateur I'm done here. If you would like to continue this discussion, I'll be in Fulton Friday. My name says who I am and I'm sure sone of the boys will be wearing IR stuff. I'll be easy to find. I'll just need to know who you are. I'll even buy you a beer after the discussion.

I originally from section 2, but I live about a 20 hour plane ride from there, internet warrior.

jessefeffer
jessefeffer wrote:
To further illustrate my point about these looking like tournament strength rankings I'll offer this. Tioga is the NYSWN #2 small school and has 3 or 4 state quality wrestlers and 4 or 3 sectional quality kids. The BEDS # for them is 230 and they have 21 kids on their roster with only 4 listed at a weight class under 132 lbs. Of those 21, some have got to be of the JV, new-to-varsity wrestling variety.

They are coming to STWOA this year and will likely place top 3 or 4 there and I'd credit their coach for deciding to come to this tournament as his best wrestlers will get some really competitive matches. They also went to Matt Marino as well so they already saw some NW and Fredonia kids. They remind me of some good section VI Class D teams that were at Maple Grove, Ripley and Frewsburg over the years. Well coached and having some terrific talent but filling a winning majority of the 15 weight classes with an experienced, ready to compete wrestler is too much to expect based on their numbers alone. I could be wrong but no way can they actually be the #2 DII team in NYS although they may finish top 5 at Albany. I think the top 4 DII teams in section VI would beat them in a dual. These are two 500+ enrollment schools and 2 combined program teams, one over 500 and the other around 460.

I take this back. Tioga may still not be deep enough at 15 weight classes to be #2 but they are deep enough at 10 or so to make a run. I definitely think the NYSSWA ranking for them at 15 is way too low. Matching them up with Falconer, I see 6 likely wins for Tioga and 5 for Falconer-CV with 4 swing matches so I was wrong about 4 teams in section VI that could beat them in a dual. Strangely, CNYWrestling shows Tioga at #3 in section IV behind Windsor and Norwich which I think is not how they finish. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the Windsor Tournament.
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next