Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info View previous topic | View next topic

Page 7 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info

wrestlinggrandpa
Oldskool wrote:
WrestlerofthePast wrote:
Jacoutot is a LIVING LEGEND and it would have been nearly impossible to fill his shoes with anyone other than someone such as Cael Sanderson. Everyone in the entire wrestling world from all over have just the utmost respect for what he did and still does today. That being said, I give Tony D. a lot of credit for having the cajones to even attempt to try to fill those shoes. In all honesty, I thought he was doing a great job. I have no inside information, and I'm not sure what happened there and why he left for Cal-Mum, but much props to him.

Glover, a product of Spencerport Wrestling, is doing a phenomenal job right now. His kids are well coached. People need to realize, wrestling is a long, arduous, season and it's incredibly important to peak at the right time, and I think this is exactly what Glover and Russo are attempting to do. The season is meaningless until it comes to February. Once February hits, the season really begins. Everyone and their mother can make the argument about points, and ensuring a good seed and chance at a wildcard, I get that aspect. November through January pales in comparison to the importance of February though.

I think as a wrestling community, here in Section V, we need to be more positive, and be more encouraging of our colleagues, peers, and athletes. Everyone is busting their butt to be a state champ or coach a state champ. Every coach has their own philosophy and no philosophy is better than the other, they are just different. The coaches know their athletes the best, let them do their job.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior and nitpick every little thing, but until you're in the fire with everyone else, you really should just keep it to yourself and be positive. At the end of the day we're a family, Section V. I'm all for the friendly banter back and forth, but let's keep it civil.

Good luck to all as we rev up for Sectionals!

Glover is not a product of Spencerport wrestling....Gates!

His brother wrestled for Spencerport.

brainiac
He did..Paul Glover..State Champion ...but make no mistake about it...Dan Glover is all Ranger !
He was mentored by the Living Legend himself...THE GREAT MR J !

faceinthemat
WrestlerofthePast wrote:
Jacoutot is a LIVING LEGEND and it would have been nearly impossible to fill his shoes with anyone other than someone such as Cael Sanderson. Everyone in the entire wrestling world from all over have just the utmost respect for what he did and still does today. That being said, I give Tony D. a lot of credit for having the cajones to even attempt to try to fill those shoes. In all honesty, I thought he was doing a great job. I have no inside information, and I'm not sure what happened there and why he left for Cal-Mum, but much props to him.

Glover, a product of Spencerport Wrestling, is doing a phenomenal job right now. His kids are well coached. People need to realize, wrestling is a long, arduous, season and it's incredibly important to peak at the right time, and I think this is exactly what Glover and Russo are attempting to do. The season is meaningless until it comes to February. Once February hits, the season really begins. Everyone and their mother can make the argument about points, and ensuring a good seed and chance at a wildcard, I get that aspect. November through January pales in comparison to the importance of February though.

I think as a wrestling community, here in Section V, we need to be more positive, and be more encouraging of our colleagues, peers, and athletes. Everyone is busting their butt to be a state champ or coach a state champ. Every coach has their own philosophy and no philosophy is better than the other, they are just different. The coaches know their athletes the best, let them do their job.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior and nitpick every little thing, but until you're in the fire with everyone else, you really should just keep it to yourself and be positive. At the end of the day we're a family, Section V. I'm all for the friendly banter back and forth, but let's keep it civil.

Very good post, 100% agreed on Jacutout/Glover/Dambra...Tony likely went to Cal Mum because that's where he's from and Was moreless forced out of Spencyville? maybe not forced but every Ranger fan seemed to be blaming him. I thought he was doing a great job, but it was a culture shock when a totally opposite style coach came in and suddenly they weren't the best around like they are accustomed to? IMO opinion all 3 of those guys are good coaches, not so sure about Russo but don't really know the inside scoop on him so I'll leave it there.

faceinthemat
Glover wrestled at Gates but has been involved in the Spencyville program ever since. Did he wrestle in college? He is tough and has great composure....has Spencyville back on the UP for sure. Kudos to him.

quickpick
WrestlerofthePast wrote:

D'Ambra had 5 state reps in 2011 (2 all state) and 2012 (3 all-state) and was removed from the program from what I understand. None of my business and I really don't care, it just shows the expectations that their program continues to have. Most coaches will work their entire career and be lucky to have 1 state champ. There is no replicating Jacoutot or recreating his success. I 100% agree with the point that different does not mean wrong. I don't know these coaches personally so I don't really care about their attitude so much but they're filling a line-up and producing quality wrestlers so the kids must not hate them. Ultimately that is what really matters. Not whether they fist bump or handshake after a match or the amount of enthusiasm that comes from the corner during a match. It's about whether or not we can get a soft generation of kids to complete the toughest sport we have.

faceinthemat
quickpick wrote:
WrestlerofthePast wrote:

D'Ambra had 5 state reps in 2011 (2 all state) and 2012 (3 all-state) and was removed from the program from what I understand. None of my business and I really don't care, it just shows the expectations that their program continues to have. Most coaches will work their entire career and be lucky to have 1 state champ. There is no replicating Jacoutot or recreating his success. I 100% agree with the point that different does not mean wrong. I don't know these coaches personally so I don't really care about their attitude so much but they're filling a line-up and producing quality wrestlers so the kids must not hate them. Ultimately that is what really matters. Not whether they fist bump or handshake after a match or the amount of enthusiasm that comes from the corner during a match. It's about whether or not we can get a soft generation of kids to complete the toughest sport we have.

agreed!

tampacuse
As we all know most Good wrestlers start in youth. With that being said, Tony's reps were created by coaches J. Coach Glover was given Tony's prospects? Or maybe it was G2. I'm not sure what kids were going to G2 before Russo showed up and told them to stop going and wearing G2 gear. We will All see how Glover's/Russo's coaching will be when the Youth gets to varsity. I don't think keeping kids in a gym practicing with 2 different partners in the off season is good for the wrestlers. The more they wrestle with different styles the more the will get familiar with being in those positions. I also don't know anymore how many different clubs there are in the area for off season.

mbsuxx
ringworm2000 wrote:
brainiac wrote:
Hey Ringworm..Tough guy..Why don't you tell the fathers to sit down,,and why don't you address Mr.Lopresti about who his KID wrestles..dont worry..Ill sweep up your teeth and give them back to you.,Yea that's what I thought..No Balls ..
When you call out a KID ,I will defend him and any other kid...and your 'facts" were wrong which I pointed out.Loppresti has wrestled several top notch wrestlers this year alone..so get your facts straight..,,Spencerport is the pnly CONSTANT in New York when it comes to Wrestling teams..WE LOVE WHAT HAS BEN BUILT IN SPENCERPORT ,,MAYBE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COACHES AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO EMULATE OUR GREAT TRADIION other teams have some good years and fade back in to the woodwork,WERE STILL HERE..AND HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE,,,With the state that wrestling is in you clowns should be praising Spencerport and their coaches for keeping their program thriving...instead you hide behind your keyboard taking shots like a coward.

LOL....you are so angry....best matburn thread all year. When I read your post I can't help but think of Doc Holliday in Tombstone talking to the less than intelligent cowboy Ike....."I know, let's have a spelling contest"

Chill Brainiac....it is a message board.....And if you read back you'll see no one called out a Kid....actually quite the opposite. The kids is good, very good but because his coaches don't challenge him against the top local guys it may hurt him at Supers. That is not really calling out a kid. Now slow down on the coffee take a Xanax and relax.

Also I have great respect for Spencerport Wrestling, especially Coach J. As a 2000 graduate I still think my greatest wrestling accomplishment is never losing to a Spencerport wrestler....that meant more to me than anything else I did on the mat. Just because we post and ask questions and make comments does not mean we do not respect. Now get back in the stands and sit down Smile

Good post!

mbsuxx
WrestlerofthePast wrote:

Good post!

mbsuxx
ringworm2000 wrote:
brainiac wrote:
Hey Ringworm..Tough guy..Why don't you tell the fathers to sit down,,and why don't you address Mr.Lopresti about who his KID wrestles..dont worry..Ill sweep up your teeth and give them back to you.,Yea that's what I thought..No Balls ..
When you call out a KID ,I will defend him and any other kid...and your 'facts" were wrong which I pointed out.Loppresti has wrestled several top notch wrestlers this year alone..so get your facts straight..,,Spencerport is the pnly CONSTANT in New York when it comes to Wrestling teams..WE LOVE WHAT HAS BEN BUILT IN SPENCERPORT ,,MAYBE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COACHES AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO EMULATE OUR GREAT TRADIION other teams have some good years and fade back in to the woodwork,WERE STILL HERE..AND HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE,,,With the state that wrestling is in you clowns should be praising Spencerport and their coaches for keeping their program thriving...instead you hide behind your keyboard taking shots like a coward.

LOL....you are so angry....best matburn thread all year. When I read your post I can't help but think of Doc Holliday in Tombstone talking to the less than intelligent cowboy Ike....."I know, let's have a spelling contest"

Chill Brainiac....it is a message board.....And if you read back you'll see no one called out a Kid....actually quite the opposite. The kids is good, very good but because his coaches don't challenge him against the top local guys it may hurt him at Supers. That is not really calling out a kid. Now slow down on the coffee take a Xanax and relax.

Also I have great respect for Spencerport Wrestling, especially Coach J. As a 2000 graduate I still think my greatest wrestling accomplishment is never losing to a Spencerport wrestler....that meant more to me than anything else I did on the mat. Just because we post and ask questions and make comments does not mean we do not respect. Now get back in the stands and sit down Smile

Good post!

Oldskool
Whats happened to Penfield? They seem to be missing some hammers.

Oldskool
Wow, how about Fairport too? A ton of forfeits last night.

Burkead145
Oldskool wrote:

Just check the box score. WOW. To say this is a down year for them is an understatement. WOW?!

mbsuxx
Hilton and Spencerport got off to an outstanding start this morning!

Does anyone know why Shenendowa's Stevo Poulin didn't wrestle? He's 34-0 this year and one of the top ranked guys in the nation at 106.

ringworm2000
Oldskool wrote:

I saw this the other night as well. I called a friend of mine who lives there after seeing this result and he told me to expect to see more of it. Kohl retired and left the cupboard full and ready for the future, in 3 years JMC ran all the younger/average kids out of the room instead of developing them and from what I am told the new coach is clueless and got the job because he teaches in the district and zero other applicants applied. Opinion is Fairport will be an also ran for many years to come.
Page 7 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next