Section 6 Tournament Canceled View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Section 6 Tournament Canceled

BJB7
We were moving the start time to 930 no wrestlebacks. So 930 round 1, 1130 round 2, 130 final and only 4 teams would have been left at 130. Majority of the tournament would have been home by 2pm.

Myboys
Last year section 5 d2 did it after school with 5 teams 2 mats it started 3:30 was over and cleaned up by 8:30

madmami
I been informed that nw still has a very strong chance at going in as a wildcard. I guess we shall find out come noon-ish tomorrow how this is pan out, its a real shame they knew days ahead of time and made absolutely no arrangements to figure out a plan B.. !! Smdh well how ever this unfolds best of luck to all

maddad
Sorry guys! I waited to see what the roads would be like as asked and guess what? I made it home from work from Lewiston to the Frontiers school district with no problems. I reached my house at 8:15 normal time. Again section 6 or whoever made this decision blew it. No more excuses apologize to the schools and the kids and let's move on.

SectionSix2019
NW is in as a wildcard for the state dual tournament! May or may not be seeded quite highly as well. Rumor has it- a 2 seed ahead of Hilton😮

Falcs96
What am I not understanding here? So section 6 didn't wrestle their dual tournament, so they had to hope for a WC? So does that mean an extra WC spot opened up? It must, because theres now an open spot that the Section 6 automatic bid wont be taking, right?

Just trying to get an understanding of how this works.

legattack
Makes you wonder how they are doing the seeding if this is correct, Hilton is undefeated and also beat the one common opponent they have. Also hope Spencerport gets in seeing as they won head to head against NW

legattack
My understanding Falcs is that Olean got the section 6 berth because they were the number one seed so NW was hoping for a wild card

SectionSix2019
NW is in fact the 2 seed. They will be in a bracket w #7 Chenango forks (Sec4) and Fox Lane (Sec1). The winner of this pool wrestled the winner of #3 Hilton (Sec5), #6Horseheads (Sec4) and Shenendehowa (Sec2).

Olean is unseeded and is with #4 Spencerport (Sec5) & #5 Fulton (Sec3)

Other pools #1 Massapequa, #8 Minisink Valley, Sachem East

legattack
Wow Massapequa can’t be happy with that draw it looks like the toughest bracket but they are still my pick to win

jessefeffer
Falcs96 wrote:
What am I not understanding here? So section 6 didn't wrestle their dual tournament, so they had to hope for a WC? So does that mean an extra WC spot opened up? It must, because theres now an open spot that the Section 6 automatic bid wont be taking, right?

Just trying to get an understanding of how this works.

To submit a team for WC entry a section needs to wrestle a tournament and the runner up (or 3rd if they didn't lose to the runnerup?) was eligible. Since section VI scheduled a tournament which was canceled, section VI had to petition for an exemption. Since NW lost to Spencerport, I thought they might get jumped by them but both made it in. I'll visit the LIWA site in a bit because it's likely some team down there would have a complaint or two. They could gripe about the circumstances by which either Olean or NW got selected.

Seeding is done by a graduated point system based on returning state placers, sectional placers and sectional competitors. Coaches submit a roster and highlight their 15 best wrestlers and each of them with 20+ wins earns an additional point. NW having 5 returning state competitors, some of whom placed, was bound to get a good seeding if they qualified. I wonder how close Pioneer came to getting a WC.

jessefeffer
Matt O'rourke reported within the hour that Cold Spring Harbor of section XI got the D2 WC. There was some talk of two D2 WCs because Gouveneur of section X elected not to attend due to an injury depleted roster. It was not clear if X would send an alternate that really wasn't likley to compete well. Section XI has something like only 10 D2 programs. I suspect it's easier for them to qualify for the state tournament, thus have some returning state qulifiers, but tougher to rack up wins in their region.

BJB7
i heard Pioneer missed out bv one point very unfortunate for them.

Falcs96
Yep, Long Island gets no wildcards, and they're both put in the same grouping.

Looks like business as usual.

Falcs96
Cold Spring Harbor is Section 8. They got a WC because there are only 6 teams in Section 8 D2. So of course they're going to have alot of returning sectional placeholders. Duh! That's some criteria!

Has it occurred to anyone that Section 4 is going to have a WC in D1 every single year, because there are only 3 teams there? Or is this still a mystery? And those two teams will get rolled again. And again. And again. They're lucky their sectional champ makes the trip, and they're getting a WC too????? Bunch of knuckleheads running this gig.
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next