Class AA's View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Class AA's

Oldskool
Great wrestling and a very smooth tournament ran by Hilton, out by 7:30. Why did the A's run so late???

Raider92
Oldskool wrote:
Great wrestling and a very smooth tournament ran by Hilton, out by 7:30. Why did the A's run so late???

Totally agree with that post. Tournament ran flawlessly. I think A's ran late because they did finals on one mat. AA's did 1st-6th place at the same time....thank god. We were home by 7:30 with dinner picked up on the way.

Last edited by Raider92 on Feb 5, 2019; edited 1 time in total

fivecountfor3
I thought is was great they did all 3 placing matches at the same time.

wrestlinggrandpa
A's used 3 mats, how many mats did AA's use?

crossfacehard
Single A's was really not done well. It was more like a weekend youth tourney than Sectionals. No access to the cafeteria, no where to sit, one really questionable ref, and then they rolled up the 3rd mat early...made for a very frustrating day

Raider92
wrestlinggrandpa wrote:

Three Mats. But that is all they could use and still keep the 45 minute mandatory wait.

wrestlinggrandpa
Raider92 wrote:
wrestlinggrandpa wrote:

Three Mats. But that is all they could use and still keep the 45 minute mandatory wait.

Good point!! I didn't think about the 45 minute rule.

T60
Lets just say A was run Horrible. Finals were supposed to start st 430 and never started until after 730. Never ended until 10 pm. Absolutely ridiculous!! Would love it back at Gates

Oldskool
Its 2019 and we have track! How hard could it be???

Myboys
I like the 1 mat idea. Just have to hit your times leading up to it or it can get late quick. Most of been good wrestling lots of big names going at it.

Myboys
I like the 1 mat idea. Just have to hit your times leading up to it or it can get late quick. Most of been good wrestling lots of big names going at it.

coachlaz
T60 wrote:
Lets just say A was run Horrible. Finals were supposed to start st 430 and never started until after 730. Never ended until 10 pm. Absolutely ridiculous!! Would love it back at Gates

The duo sectional events at Gates were awesome when your sectional class was performing on the mats right in front of the bleachers. It was extremely frustrating for spectators when the wrestlers they are were there to support were on the far side with limited seating and trying to watch three deep from the second story rail. It's a year ending acclimation of a ton of hard work, and all athletes deserve to be seen. The parents that make sacrifices to be at these events and endure the fan grind should at least have a good view of their child at sectionals. I'd rather get stuck in a gym a few more hours and be able to comfortably get a good view of my kid at sectionals than have an unpleasant spectating experience. Some of these seniors are wrestling their last match ever, and I think it's paramount that they can be spectated properly.

CoachRomeo
We had to run 2 mats from 3 to allow for the :45 min rule between matches.

When the tournament moved from a two day to a one day we were only allowed 1 entry per weight.

They will probably need to go back to a two day format when the brackets for 11 team is more than 12 per weight class.

Coach Romeo
Page 1 of 1