D1 supers predictions View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
D1 supers predictions

takedown20
duddems wrote:
Worst supers ever...didnt hear the crowd get loud once. I dunno if i can deal w the parking anymore after that. Just a flat night. On s positive note, cpngrats to all the kids whose hard work paid off.

I couldn't agree more.

antiquerassler
I take it from all the conversations everyone who commented here were watching the D-1 matches. I am not surprised that you weren't impressed. How many times have these guys wrestled each other each this season. Counties, local tourneys, sectionals, etc. There shouldn't be much surprise. On the other side of the gym the D-2 contests were very exciting, overtime matches, 1 point victories, upset pins, etc. A lot of first time match ups. It would be nice if they set up the venue so that everyone could follow all matches, not have to choose a division. Of course, that is possible in the finals, but by then everyone has been following certain wrestlers or division and probably aren't even aware of who is on the other mat.

BULL80
duddems wrote:
Worst supers ever...didnt hear the crowd get loud once. I dunno if i can deal w the parking anymore after that. Just a flat night. On s positive note, cpngrats to all the kids whose hard work paid off.

I can't say the same for the D2 side... crowd was definitely involved lol.

duddems
It seemed like the D2 side had more excitement the last few years...D1 was reall lack luster though. On a positive note...Wersinger becomes the all time wins leader at historic spencyville! ....and still has another year...wow! Great kid

BNG
D2 definitely was a livelier crowd, D1 much more subdued and I am willing to guess that, as stated previously, this was due to most knowing the outcomes of many of the matches before they began.
Not knocking it, as we have heard before, to be the best you have to beat the best and this past weekend you didn't really see anyone surpass expectations outside of the Surace /Callaghan match...which was fun to watch and I agree was the biggest upset on the weekend.
I cant agree with this being the worst.....regardless of the outcome, the wrestling was great to watch. Yes, the parking isn't the best and with bad weather it can make it even worse but overall I think it is a good venue to watch both divisions at the same time.
Congratulations to all of the Section V champions and best of luck to those waiting on a wildcard invite.

faceinthemat
BNG wrote:
D2 definitely was a livelier crowd, D1 much more subdued and I am willing to guess that, as stated previously, this was due to most knowing the outcomes of many of the matches before they began.
Not knocking it, as we have heard before, to be the best you have to beat the best and this past weekend you didn't really see anyone surpass expectations outside of the Surace /Callaghan match...which was fun to watch and I agree was the biggest upset on the weekend.
I cant agree with this being the worst.....regardless of the outcome, the wrestling was great to watch. Yes, the parking isn't the best and with bad weather it can make it even worse but overall I think it is a good venue to watch both divisions at the same time.
Congratulations to all of the Section V champions and best of luck to those waiting on a wildcard invite.

I like the SERC as a venue as well, it wasn't the vunue even though parking was a mess, but always is wherever the wrestling is, especially if you roll in last minute. Div 1 just flat out was not exciting at all. Coulda been a daycare it was so quiet. The crap I went through just to get parked and walk in w my son...just wasn't worth it this time.

Raider92
I thought the wrestling was awesome, have to be impressed with the Hilton kids. Wow are they are solid. I do agree the D1 kids seem to wrestler each other 3-4 times a year. SERC is great venue, but I would like to see it move around. What about the Dome Arena in Henrietta? It has a seating capacity of 5,000 (is that enough). Looks like it would be a fun place to watch a tournament. If your looking to see upsets come watch the Consolation Semi Finals, there seem to be a bunch of them to me. Good luck to all who won it at States.

https://therocdome.com/venue-info/
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2