Gouveneur 43 UE 31
Greece-Olympia 35 Mexico 31

Round 2
Fulton 32 Minisink Valley 36
Spencerport 44 Greece-Olympia 27
Wayne 43 Mexico 24
Valley Central 39 Queensbury 27

doug
Nice job by Spencerport , Wayne and Greece Olympia so far. Greece Olympia has really improved. A Spencerport -Wayne final would be great. Please keep us posted. Johnson City wasn't able to stall their way to a championship this year Laughing

98wrestler
i heard wayne beat spencerport in the finals!

Nice job section V, Olympia, Wayne, spen, ca. no section in the state can compete.

crab_rider
Spencerport 30 Wayne 24 in finals.
24 24 going into the last match. Baxter pinned in :21.

Great job Spencerport and Wayne. Wayne has a great program.
I had issues with the officials not calling it both ways, they looked like all calls for Wayne.

It was Spencerport 44 Greece Olympia 6 or 9 not 27 as in the previous post.

crab_rider
It really hurt Wayne to forfeit at 119 again. There isn't anyone in the program to step up?

Minisink Valley did not show well. They only won two matches against Spencerport and lost pretty bad to Valley Central in the next round.

This should shake up the state rankings. Wayne with two losses, Valley Central losing to Wayne, Minisink Valley with two bad losses. Interesting...

baschamania
Very Interesting...

I'm thinking

1. Spencerport
2. Canadaigua
Wayne
3. Valley Central

Something like that but either way the top 3 schools are section 5. Mr. Green

rangerfan
individual results?

wrestle5050
why is it that spencerport wins, but the fans get on here and complain of the referring. This is crazy, spencerport should realize that they are a great team and should be shwoing their wrestlers much congrats instead of posting that spencerport didn't get good calls. good job to both teams.

rangerfan
thats very true...i know bad calls can be a pain but still we won no reason for the fans to complain...does anyone know if legas is still undefeated and other individual results?

crab_rider
wrestle5050 wrote:
why is it that spencerport wins, but the fans get on here and complain of the referring. This is crazy, spencerport should realize that they are a great team and should be shwoing their wrestlers much congrats instead of posting that spencerport didn't get good calls. good job to both teams.

It is very frustrating to watch the Spencerport wrestlers work hard against an opponent AND the ref. All we are asking for is to call it the same way both ways. If Spencerport gets called for parallel ride on top, call the other guy when they do the same thing. Call Spencerport for a stall on the feet when the other guy has a russian for 1 minute? Call Spencerport for fleeing the mat when others do the exact same thing with no call? Other man does nothing on the bottom except cover up and no call?

While I do not think any ref goes into a match with a grudge against Spencerport, I do beleive that any objective review of tapes of the matches would prove me out.

west1
I think most passionate wrestling fans think their team is getiing shafted by the refs.
However if you reviewed the tapes as an outsider with no allegance to either team. You would find that the refs called both good and bad calls against both teams.
Refs are put in a position to make judgement calls - many of which are a no win situation. We as fans of our teams are looking at the calls against our team as personal. When in reality are own vision of the call made is many times clouded by our own desire for our wrestlers to win. Spencerport does not have the market cornered on subjective calls that do'nt go thier way. Wayne wrestled a great
match against you , actually winning more matches , but failing to pin when they needed to. But rest assured Wayne fans, feel they were shafted as well.
The truth is - the view of the call all depends on which team you support.
So Spencerport fans - enjoy the fact that you are # 1 in the state !
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

baschamania
I don't think Spencerpot fans feel that they were shafted but certain stalling calls were ridicolous. Matt Legas got warned for stalling when he was just centering during the match when the other kid was gettin situated on bottom. The clock wasn't even going and he got called for stalling. Jared Plucknette gives up like 20 pounds in every match, and he was trying harder than hell to get a takedown on MIke Johnson yet the refs called stalling. Theirs no way Plucknette stalled during the match.. Certain matrches I can see why stalling was called as it looked as if they were stalling (both spencerport and wayne) But I think the refs got a little carried away... Just my opinion
Page 1 of 1