HVCC team View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
HVCC team

GR8DANES
HOLY CRAP! HVCC is going to have a kick xxxx team this year.
Kirk Harrington, Mark Burchhart, Adam Hulett, Stephon Flood, just to name a few.
Look for several NCWA All-Americans out of HV this year.

ATM 2000
What weight will Burchart be wrestling this year? Don't be so quick with the All-American status, its a LOT harder than you think.

GR8DANES
Burchhardt will probably be going 141 again, like he did last year when he placed 6th at NCWA nationals. Thanks for the advice, being conference chairman and a seven year veteran of the league I guess I'm not qualified to speculate on who might be able to attain all-American status. Your positive energy is appreciated.

ATM 2000
Then you know the level of competition is better than most people think. You had a good team last year, and only two AAs. No negativity intended, i'm glad you're optimistic about your team, as you should be. I'm elated to see the amount of talent wrestling in college clubs this year. Cobleskill also has a club team with some very good local talent, and a great turnout. I've heard they have approx. 35 wrestlers. RELAX everyone in the area would like to see multiple AAs from your club.

GR8DANES
I appreciate your following of the HVCC program. I think perhaps you could find a better way of expressing yourself that's not so condescending. Even saying that HV "only" had two all-Americans last year is not a very positive way to phrase things. Clearly you're not an idiot and you know wrestling. I'm just asking that you be a bit more sensitive.

ATM 2000
You are correct, and I should not have said "only two", because I was very happy to see that 2 wrestlers were AA from your team. That was a very good showing of talent from our area. Good luck to all the wrestlers on your team this year. I would love to see HVCC wrestle Coby this year if thats possible. When does your season start and where can I find a schedule?

GR8DANES
The NYS Duals is set to be hosted by RPI on the weekend of Feb. 20/21. All the NYS NCWA teams are invite including Cobleskill, HVCC, UAlbany, Syracuse, Hofstra, Stony Brook & Fordham. Several of these squads will also be participating in the Veteran's Day Duals on 11/13 and the Titan WC Collegiate Open on 11/14 at the Washington Ave. Armory.
Thanks for asking, hope you can make it.

fostc
Thanks for the dates. I would like to see complete schd for UA,Cob. , HVCC. Also would like to see rosters. will Food be at 49 or 52?

GR8DANES
I imagine Flood will be at 157 but I'm not sure yet...
Page 1 of 1