Huntington H.S....solid up and down View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Huntington H.S....solid up and down

LImarty
Hello Section 5,

Greetings from Long Island.....

Yes, Lou Giani has a full line-up this year..from 96- 215 with a possible 4 or 5 Suffolk Co. Champs......look for Riley, Parr, Sullivan and Delva to be in Buffalo this year....a possible rematch with Gillespie. Gregor had a tremendous third period.... Huntington brings in two state placed kids from South Carolina, if Giani gets a hold of them "watch out".

t11485
LImarty, nobody cares about your section XI babble(or Huntington for that matter). Last year you talked up section XI too and they didn't even finish in the top 3 at states. As far as Gillespie goes, I am sure he is ready to defend his title and my guess is that he does, and if you ask anyone from this area they would agree with me that him winning last year wasn't a fluke and neither will it be this year.

neck snapper
t11485,

Fella, you need to relax. It is always nice to know what it going on with other wrestling programs across the state. You obviously have a complex about wrestling outside of section 5. Get a grip! I am a huge section 5 supporter but realize their are 10 other sections out there as well. That is the problem with many wrestling fans- they are too territorial. Let's support wrestling across the board and get off this upstate - downstate nonsense. Limarty, I am sure Huntington will be tough again as always, especially with the two transfers. Thanks for the update. I agree, a rematch with Gregor would be exciting. ( By the way, t11485, Limarty was not dissing Gregor).

LImarty
thanks for the back-up.....not dissing anyone, Im a fan of NYS wrestling...Last year I was impressed with Haggerty and I also feel that Riley blew his match with Gillespie...Thats not taking anything away from Gregor, he dug deep and won it where it counts in the third period.....Many years its nice to know where the strong teams are...Last year Macarthur and JC were probably the two best This year Huntington has many possible section XI champs as well as a supporting cast that will finish in the top three.....

eVERY YEAR A TEAM FROM 5 COMES DOWN TO THE hUNTINGTON TOURNEY.....ANY THIS YEAR...

Good luck to all the wrestlers this year...Lets move for coach Romeos Proposal and lets make this sport , and state what it should be.....To my Western fans who we sit with each year in Syracuse....save me some seats in Buffalo.

t11485
I too am a fan of wrestlers all over the state and not just Section V. There is great wrestling all over the state. My point is that it gets a little annoying when someone else from a different section gets on another sections forum and starts talking up there section when the season hasn't even started yet. You can't even worry about another section until states so why all the talk about other schools and sections when its not even worth talking about yet. I'm saying you gotta get out of the state qualifier to even worry about it and the season hasn't even begun. Last year LImarty started doing this too and its just annoying when someone like him comes on and starts talking up other sections and school from his section when nobody is even focused on that yet. I mean how much sense does it make to start talking about who is going to do good at states before the season has even started yet? I'm just sick of this guy talking up Huntionton and Section XI especially before the season starts. Do that on your own forum. You seem like you have good wrestling knowledge but the talk of Section XI gets old after a while.

agey55
Maybe I'm missing something but didn't Gregor beat the kid in states (if that's the match you guys are talking about, i'm not sure) by about 10 points?... I probably just don't know, I just know I saw it on tv... oh wonderful tv, it has never let me down before. Laughing