FRAMINGHAM
SPRINGFIELD CENTRL

NEW JERSEY
ST BENEDICTS PREP

VIRGINIA
HAYFIELD
SOUTH LAKES

gofigure3123
Shouldn't Addison be on there for Section V?

laporte
Hoosick Falls section 2

Black&Blue
Woulda liked to have seen Hilton attend from Section V and Fredonia from Section VI.

mattime
Black&Blue wrote:
Woulda liked to have seen Hilton attend from Section V and Fredonia from Section VI.

The top teams in NY and wresters are to be showcased at this year's Eastern State Classic. I wonder what the cut off is if a team should choose to try to register for the tournament? The best kids in the State are set to be on display in a very competitive individual tournament, and in my opinion, this is where dual meet tournaments fail our State. Eastern State Classic allows each round you advance in to test your individual skill set. As the saying goes, "2 men enter ....." Fredonia and Hilton have some quality wrestlers.

section9wrestl
Updated Teams

http://sectionixwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Participating-Teams.pdf

And lot more info at

http://sectionixwrestling.com/

wrestlingny
mattime wrote:
Black&Blue wrote:

The top teams in NY and wresters are to be showcased at this year's Eastern State Classic. I wonder what the cut off is if a team should choose to try to register for the tournament? The best kids in the State are set to be on display in a very competitive individual tournament, and in my opinion, this is where dual meet tournaments fail our State. Eastern State Classic allows each round you advance in to test your individual skill set. As the saying goes, "2 men enter ....." Fredonia and Hilton have some quality wrestlers.

That's right there's 6 from Hilton that should be there and its a shame there not.

GrappleDad15
mattime wrote:
Black&Blue wrote:

There are kids going to this event who have never won a classification or section level tournament. I've been to this event and seen wrestlers truly come out with real battle scars. This is no place for the weak and weary. What actually is the criteria for a wrestler to participate? jmo.

section9wrestl
GrappleDad15 wrote:
mattime wrote:
Black&Blue wrote:

There are kids going to this event who have never won a classification or section level tournament. I've been to this event and seen wrestlers truly come out with real battle scars. This is no place for the weak and weary. What actually is the criteria for a wrestler to participate? jmo.

There is no criteria to participate. But the tournament director ask the coaches to only bring the best wrestlers on the team. The more wrestlers they bring the more they have to pay.

LATDROP
Clovis West from Cali is going. They normally have a very good team and have been top 25 in the country several times.

section9wrestl
Seeds at

http://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/325770?referrer_id=1024554

Some teams with a high number of wrestlers seeded

11 Clovis West (CA)
7 M-W
6 Danbury (CT)
6 Shenendehowa

MrPowerhouse
anyone know where we can get the brackets?

BJB7
Supposed to be here but nothing up yet.

http://postedresults.escapesports.com/Results.php

GrappleDad15
[quote="BJB7"]Supposed to be here but nothing up yet.

http://postedresults.escapesports.com/Results.php[/quote

Brackes are up.

wrestlingOCD
wrestlingny wrote:
mattime wrote:
Black&Blue wrote:

That's right there's 6 from Hilton that should be there and its a shame there not.

Exactly what is going on with that?