Burke paddock View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Burke paddock

ScorekeeperV
I'm sure most people in New York State know the Paddock family. Well I know the Warsaw wrestling team and Paddock family. Well this past weekend at states Burke should have gotten his 304th win beating the old Holley wrestler Quin Murphy. Well now The people who keep track of the records are clamming Burke did not get 304. He only got 300. Well I've heard they lost 4 state matches. Why should Burke who is a senior be penalized and not get the record because New York couldn't keep track of it. Anyone else think this is unfair?

OldSkooler
I think that regardless if he gets it or not, they are all monsters and have done great things in wrestling and they know what they have done. Its a shame to lose a record but in the end they know what they have accomplished and where they are going in the future!

provocateur
I'm sure that his career ahead is more important to him than a record.

ScorekeeperV
I just feel bed for him. Him and the rest of Warsaw was so excited for him to get it. His younger brother Aaron has made such an amazing comeback. Maybe he'll get the record

Hamsher300
Congratulations to Burke and the Paddock family. I have enjoyed watching you all compete over the years that Tyler has wrestled.

brainiac
Great wrestling family !
It was an honor to have them in Section 5 !!!!

Congrats !!!!

Oldskool
Q Murphy wasnt listed in the States program for having the most career wins.

howardjm
Actually, they confirmed exactly 300 wins (not 304) by looking at the NWCA records and the wins they thought were missing on Burke's record were included. He had a great career. 300 winds is a great accomplishment.... I know he/they wanted the state record, but still a great accomplishment.

Wrestlo
Are those wins for his high school varsity team only?
Or does that include any offseason tournaments?

New to sport- just trying to do he math... Thanks.

mikef272002
Wrestlo - Any record of wins/losses the state would keep would be for varsity season only, the state does not keep track of off season records, nor should they..

Wrestlo
Ok, that's what I thought...

When looking at kids records, I just haven't seen many kids with much more than 40 matches in a season.. So I can imagine where someone could get 50 matches if they wrestled further into the season...

But even with 50 wins.. That would take 6 seasons to reach 300 wins.. Did Burke start varsity as a 7th grader? Just curious..

Either way, what an accomplishment!

mikef272002
I don't know when he started varsity but with that many wins I would suspect he most definitely started in 7th grade.. Alot depends on the team you are on and what tournaments/ duels you go to..50 wins in a season is a ton, most kids get around 40 - 45 matches a year, minus their losses and you can see how much of beast you have to be to get 300 wins..And you would have to start as a beast in 7th grade... Kid is damn good thats for sure, I never seen him wrestle but to get 300 wins you obviously are a beast..If they counted off season matches kids would be up in the 500 - 700 win department.. My son gets more matches in the offseason (because it's longer) than in "the season" ..

Shawnellismurphy
Let me set the record strait most of you know my family now live in Warsaw and am an assistant volunteer coach at Warsaw. Well early in the Season Burke mentioned one of his goals was to get 300 career wins. In the beginning of the season it seemed that Burke may reach his goal, so I went back and looked at his record and did a count. Initially it looked like he would easily get 300 and possibly break my middle son Quinton's record of 302 by 8 or 10 wins, but because of two early season tournaments being cut short and only half the matches contested, it was now not certain Burke would be able to reach 300.

So a couple of weeks before sectionals I went over Bukes record again at that time I miss counted and informed the other coaches I believed Burke would not only make 300 but i believed he would get 304 if he won States beating Quinton's record by 2, however I was mistaken and I'm sorry it created this confusion. I will say at the end of the day Burke did get his 300th win in the State finals of his Senior Year, that's pretty cool. Good job!

Burke and Quinton trained and traveled together, for about 6 years and I believe it is Awesome that they are currently the only two wrestlers in New York State to belong to the NY 300 club congratulations Burke. Between the two of them they have over 600 Varsity wins and at the end of the day weather it's 300, 302 or 304 it doesn't matter in my eyes.

Again I want to say to the person who started this thread, If you are mad at anyone it should be me, because I am the person who thought Burke had 304. I went back and looked three more times after States and I have to say he has 300 wins not 304 as I originally thought. I was was so happy for Burke that when I counted 304 I didn't double check heck I knocked on wood every time I mentioned it to other Warsaw coaches.

Burke congratulations on a stellar High School career. I can't wait to travel to Iowa to see you wrestle in college.

CALISTYLE
Burke !! CONGRATS U ARE FUM TO WHAT AND HAVE WORKED HARD TO DO WHAT U DO!! I'm sure u have a few more things to do with wrestling at the HS level before u take off to IOWA!!! THAT IS HUGE AND I DONT KNOW IF ANYBODY FROM NEE YORK EVER WENT TO IOWA!! U ARE STUD !!! TRAIN HARD AND KEEP IT FUN!! CONGRATS!!

johnnyrooster
Shawn, very cool of you to set the record straight. We all know how stuff can get misconstrued on this forum! CALISTYLE, yes to a New Yorker to Iowa. Greg Stevens (Fulton) 1973 177lb State Champ and MOW went to Iowa full ride. I remember when he was being recruited. Dan Gable (asst coach back then) and two Iowa teammates came to visit for a day and half. They were guests at our home for my Mom's big pasta dinner. I had to sit with a TV tray in the living room....but damn did I do some bragging at school the next day. BTW, Greg was NCAA runner up his sophomore year. I believe either a 2 or 3 time Big Ten Champ as well.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next