Paddock Off to a Great Start View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Paddock Off to a Great Start

legsin
Burke Paddock went 6-1 and placed third at Harold Nichols Open this past weekend for the Iowa Hawkeyes....Nice Work, Burke.

Taken from the Iowa Website:

"Burke Paddock also had a good day wrestling up a weight from his expected weight class at 174. Paddock opened his tournament with a major, before getting knocked off by Bryce Gorman of Northern Illinois 5-3 in the second round. He then came back strong to win four straight matches to set up a rematch with Gorman in the consolation semifinals. Paddock not only avenged his loss, he beat Gorman by major decision 13-5. He picked up a fall in the finals to make it six straight wins to end his day."

Open 174 – Burke Paddock’s place is 3rd and has scored 22.50 team points.
Champ. Round 1 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
Champ. Round 2 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by major decision over Tanner Schaefer (St. Cloud State) (Maj 25-11)
Champ. Round 3 – Bryce Gorman (Northern Illinois) won by decision over Burke Paddock (Iowa) (Dec 5-3)
Cons. Round 4 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by major decision over Austin Repp (Northern Illinois) (Maj 22-11)
Cons. Round 5 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by decision over Dusty Jentz (Iowa State) (Dec 2-1)
Cons. Round 6 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by medical forfeit over Johnny Sebastian (Northwestern) (MFF)
Cons. Round 7 – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by decision over Clayton Jennissen (St. Cloud State) (Dec 12-5)
Cons. Semi – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by major decision over Bryce Gorman (Northern Illinois) (Maj 13-5)
3rd Place Match – Burke Paddock (Iowa) won by fall over Matt Walker (Iowa Western Community College) (Fall 2:59)

Bradpaddock
Burke is at his 2nd tournament today
I was able to see 4 of his matchs from last week he looked good. Got some new tricks I see
Been out of country but going from here next week straight to minnisota to catch that one.

Bradpaddock
Went 4-0. Today.

legsin
Bradpaddock wrote:
Went 4-0. Today.

Not surprised....Good to hear

WRESTLINGFAMILY
Thank you for giving an update on Burke - been wondering how he is doing. Really glad he is doing great! Section V is really proud of him & his family!

matburn
Site Admin
Thanks for the updates.

Bradpaddock
Will do thanks. I've been in Iceland now for three weeks.
Flying out in am. Then moving as quick as possible to
Missouri to watch on Saturday. i have some cool clips of his matchs
but technology impaired to share.

Bradpaddock
17-3 now.

underhook1
AWESOME! keep up the good work very impersive

CALISTYLE
BEAST!! Awesome stuff!!

Bradpaddock
Funny thing is. I've seen him throw guys on their heads. And golly jeepers he shot a guy or two out of bounds. Heck once he cut a guy in somewhat of an intimidating way ?. But, I still haven't seen a reff call him for nothing? By darn it, it's as if they just don't care? Or maybe???....... Well I just don't know.? Fyi to the refs in section five.

MikeJay
Brad,
You need to better that that statement. Burke, with your help, has worked hard to make him an amazing wrestler and competitor.

I love to see a tough competitor, but Burkes HS behavior was not of champion/leadership quality. He should enjoy success at Iowa wrestling, but you should help him to be a decent man and you both need to take responsibility for his actions.

MikeJay
Congratulations of your son’s success on the mat!

wrestlingny
Last I knew wrestling is a combat sport. With that being said the referee is responsible to control any sportsmanship like conduct. Such as illegal slams , unnecessary roughness, Etc. The passion of a fighter can sometimes get the best of them during the competition, with intense emotion, compelling enthusiasm desire to win. Combat will also show you things you would never expect to see in a person. Attributes hidden beneath the surface that come out only in the heat of battle. Wrestling is building and supporting the emotionally mature, accountable, and compassionate male that our communities so desperately need. Lets not judge the character of a young man during these times of competition . But teach and encourage them to control there passion. We have all made mistakes.

chucknorriscoverband
I look at it this way. Push comes to shove, and the crap hits the fan. I ll take Burke on my side all day long... Sorry Mr Paddock I called him.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next