3. Ward Melville 49.5
4. Hauppauge 48.0
5. Monroe-Woodbury 46.0
6. Rocky Point 42.0
7. Deer Park 40.0
8. John Glenn 39.5
9. Penfield 38.0
9. Shenendehowa 38.0

Congrats to the Team Hilton winning the 2015 State Wrestling Tournament. With 2 Champions and 3 other reps adding up points fast.
2015 NYSPHSAA State Championships Results for Hilton

I-113 - Austin Hertel (2-3) placed 6th and scored 7.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Austin Hertel (Hilton) 2-3 won by decision over Ian McKenna (New Hartford) 0-2 (Dec 4-0)
Quarterfinal - Austin Hertel (Hilton) 2-3 won by decision over Jemone Carter (Niagara Falls) 2-2 (Dec 3-1)
Semifinal - John Arceri (Huntington) 4-0 won in double overtime over Austin Hertel (Hilton) 2-3 (2-OT 3-2)
Cons. Semi - Anthony Cirillo (Rocky Point) 4-2 won by fall over Austin Hertel (Hilton) 2-3 (Fall 2:42)
5th Place Match - Phil Spadafora (Half Hollow Hills East) 4-2 won in the ultimate tie breaker over Austin Hertel (Hilton) 2-3 (UTB 1-1)

I-120 - Yianni Diakomihalis (4-0) placed 1st and scored 29.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton) 4-0 won by fall over Derek Osman (Vestal) 1-2 (Fall 3:19)
Quarterfinal - Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton) 4-0 won by major decision over Alex Vargas (Syosset) 1-2 (MD 9-1)
Semifinal - Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton) 4-0 won by fall over Gerard Daly (Minisink Valley) 4-1 (Fall 1:0Cool
1st Place Match - Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton) 4-0 won by fall over Peter Pappas (Plainview) 3-1 (Fall 5:53)

I-160 - Louie Deprez (4-0) placed 1st and scored 24.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Louie Deprez (Hilton) 4-0 won by fall over Charles Tsakh (Hewlett) 0-2 (Fall 2:3Cool
Quarterfinal - Louie Deprez (Hilton) 4-0 won by decision over Addrian Ferrarie (Mount St. Michael`s Academy) 4-2 (Dec 6-0)
Semifinal - Louie Deprez (Hilton) 4-0 won by decision over Brandon Aviles (John Glenn) 4-1 (Dec 4-1)
1st Place Match - Louie Deprez (Hilton) 4-0 won by decision over Blaise Benderoth (North Rockland) 3-1 (Dec 7-3)

I-170 - Mike Spallina (2-2) place is unknown and scored 6.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Kevin Parker (Shenendehowa) 4-0 won by decision over Mike Spallina (Hilton) 2-2 (Dec 5-1)
Cons. Round 1 - Mike Spallina (Hilton) 2-2 won by fall over Justin Foster (Canton) 0-2 (Fall 0:31)
Cons. Round 2 - Mike Spallina (Hilton) 2-2 won by fall over Anthony Fitzsimmons (Calhoun) 1-2 (Fall 1:3Cool
Cons. Round 3 - Nunzio Crowley (Eastchester) 4-2 won by decision over Mike Spallina (Hilton) 2-2 (Dec 3-2)

I-182 - Hobie Strassner (2-2) place is unknown and scored 5.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Hobie Strassner (Hilton) 2-2 won by fall over Aaron Gondola (Grand Street) 1-2 (Fall 0:52)
Quarterfinal - Ryan Schlager (Clarence) 2-3 won in sudden victory - 1 over Hobie Strassner (Hilton) 2-2 (SV-1 6-4)
Cons. Round 2 - Hobie Strassner (Hilton) 2-2 won by decision over Bruce McLee (Washingtonville) 1-2 (Dec 3-2)
Cons. Round 3 - Richie Jones (St. Joseph`s Collegiate Inst.) 4-2 won by tech fall over Hobie Strassner (Hilton) 2-2 (TF-1.5 3:49 (15-0))

I-285 - Joe Fuino (0-2) place is unknown and scored 0.00 team points.
Champ. Round 1 - Jon Solorzano (Lindenhurst) 1-2 won by fall over Joe Fuino (Hilton) 0-2 (Fall 4:00)
Cons. Round 1 - Albi Miraka (Madison) 1-2 won by decision over Joe Fuino (Hilton) 0-2 (Dec 4-1)

Last edited by wrestlingny on Mar 3, 2015; edited 1 time in total

mbsuxx
Congratulations to Hilton!

Yianni and Deprez are just sophomores..........will some of the other guys also be back next year?

johnnyrooster
mbsuxx wrote:
Congratulations to Hilton!

Yianni and Deprez are just sophomores..........will some of the other guys also be back next year?

Spallina and Hertel are 10 graders. Strassner and Fuino are Seniors.

mbsuxx
Will Hilton have some good guys at the other weights next year?

techbandit
They got one hell of a base for a great team if they got other solid kids. I still like Brockport to beat them in a dual next year again. This year was fortunate, Brockports depth will be evident in years to come.

HomeTeamFan
Brockport has a great youth program. Not sure about Hilton. Which we all know is what makes your future teams strong.

T60
Won the state team title although I'm not really sure what that proves. They didn't win a team sectional title or a team title at super sectionals. Those titles went to Fairport at sectionals and to Brockport at super sectionals. Obviously having 2 studs is huge !!

johnnyrooster
T60 wrote:
Won the state team title although I'm not really sure what that proves. They didn't win a team sectional title or a team title at super sectionals. Those titles went to Fairport at sectionals and to Brockport at super sectionals. Obviously having 2 studs is huge !!

http://s300.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&loadBalanced=true&sport=wrestling&TIM=1425322726711&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=644

Proves the same as Brockport finishing 53rd, well (err, way)behind all those Section 5 teams they finished ahead of in supers.

techbandit
T60 wrote:
T60: Brockport did win our sectionals brah. Fairport was in the other class. We know how strong Bport's youth program looks right now which is why we will be doing lots of celebrating in the stands for years to come!

techbandit
johnnyrooster wrote:
T60 wrote:

http://s300.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&loadBalanced=true&sport=wrestling&TIM=1425322726711&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=644

Proves the same as Brockport finishing 53rd, well (err, way)behind all those Section 5 teams they finished ahead of in supers.
Right...Hilton's studs are better than Brockport's...no news there. Brockport didnt have any kid as good as Spallina...let alone Yanni or Deprez ...They have depth which comes from great coaching. They are a better TEAM (in dual meet format). And you (Rooster) know how it goes...I would've like to see if you guys matched up any better against Warsaw than we did. What would the result of that dual meet be? maybe you guys could've beat Warsaw...after seeing Hilton and Warsaw against Bport...I dont think you guys woudlve fared much better ...but who knows, maybe you would? No doubt, Hilton is crazy strong...since the preseason they were gonna b the best team around, it didn't go that way throughout the whole season, but they are very good, and certainly have at least two more yrs ahead of being a top notch team. I look forward to Hilton/.Brockport next season! Ferris will find a way to get his team ready for that one! Good luck to Hilton, and thanks for representing OUR section so well in the state tournament.

T60
techbandit wrote:
T60 wrote:
T60: Brockport did win our sectionals brah. Fairport was in the other class. We know how strong Bport's youth program looks right now which is why we will be doing lots of celebrating in the stands for years to come!
. I realize brockport was in class a sectionals. I was stating Fairport won sectionals at aa because they beat Hilton. At supers brockport beat everyone. Sectionals mean more I would say because everyone has a chance to bring a full team. Supers and states can be mis leading because of the numbers. Spalling better than anyone on Brockport ? I think not !! Calderelli was seeded 5th at states and placed 4 th going 4-2. Spallina went 2-2 with one win against a kid that was 5-11 on the season. In one of his losses he didn't score a point against a kid who he never scores a point on. The fact that the #1 seed at 170 couldn't wrestle at supers gave spallina a very kind path to states.

johnnyrooster
T60 wrote:

How is it that Iowa could lose a couple duals this year. BUT, if they win the the D1 Natonal tournament at the end of the year, they are crowned National Champs?
Just wondering...

T60
johnnyrooster wrote:
T60 wrote:

How is it that Iowa could lose a couple duals this year. BUT, if they win the the D1 Natonal tournament at the end of the year, they are crowned National Champs?
Just wondering...
. Because most of your power programs will have at least 8 or 9 if not all 10 of the wrestlers at nationals. What does it prove when some teams have 1 or none and some teams have 5 kids at states? But even with that said they didn't win sectionals or super sectionals because of some glaring holes. They had 2 studs and a few really good wrestlers . Brockport won super sectionals and what does that really mean when they had 16 kids competing and other schools only had 10 or 5 or 12 ? In my opinion winning sectionals is more impressive because of a level playing field. That's probably why Brockport got patches and a big trophy for winning sectionals and nothing for winning supers. Hilton was a good team this year not a great team and that's why they finished the year ranked #17 in the state in dual rankings.

johnnyrooster
T60 wrote:
johnnyrooster wrote:
T60 wrote:

Just wondering...
. Because most of your power programs will have at least 8 or 9 if not all 10 of the wrestlers at nationals. What does it prove when some teams have 1 or none and some teams have 5 kids at states? But even with that said they didn't win sectionals or super sectionals because of some glaring holes. They had 2 studs and a few really good wrestlers . Brockport won super sectionals and what does that really mean when they had 16 kids competing and other schools only had 10 or 5 or 12 ? In my opinion winning sectionals is more impressive because of a level playing field. That's probably why Brockport got patches and a big trophy for winning sectionals and nothing for winning supers. Hilton was a good team this year not a great team and that's why they finished the year ranked #17 in the state in dual rankings.

Hilton definitely had some holes to fill this year, but it was more than two studs that carried them. Hilton sent 6 with 5 champs. Can't remember how many Brockport sent. 5 of the 6 contributed to the team score as well. 4 on the podium. Can't remember how many Brockport had on the podium.
Brockport had a great Supers weekend. I think they have a great shot of repeating next year as well. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to carry them through States. But I really like the Championship trophy Hilton received Saturday vs the one they didn't get two weeks before.

Oldskool
How long have they been giving out the team trophy at states?
Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next