Motivational Message from Team X: Vision & Action View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Motivational Message from Team X: Vision & Action

Mayo08
Vision - the ability to see things as they should be.

Action - the process of doing something

I haven't been to a youth tournament in years but I had the privilege of attending the USA-NY State championships this weekend. A great event with great wrestling. Who doesn't like little kids in their headgear and singlet that is a size too big being cheered on by their loving insanely supportive parents?

But I also noticed something else, what happens when we lose. Parents throwing fits over what they see as a bad call, parents and coaches screaming at kids after their heart has been broken over a tough loss. The scary thing is I would be lying if I said I never did it before.

Dick Vermeil said character reveals it self when you are up against it. Some times we are so passionately close to the goal we lose sight of the purpose. Is the championship really the most important thing? For me it took the words of Lighting McQueen (Cars) "It's only an empty cup" to wake me up to reality.

Why do we do what we do, because Nike's "Just do it" doesn't work. The product that comes off the mat should be more important than the product we put on the mat. The match has a time limit, but our impact can be endless.

So step back and examine your system, your way of doing things. Ask yourself how do I act as an athlete, coach, parent? Do I help build people up, or do I tear things down? How do you compete in your race of life (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). What prize are you competing for and for whose glory?

Vision without action is nothing more than a daydream and action without vision is nothing more than confusion. Make sure everything you do has a purpose.

At our club, our goal is to train every athlete inside and out.

Coach Hirsch
Team X

Come check out our practices:

Tuesdays and Thursdays (6:00-8:00) at Wyoming Central School.

MMA Handcrafted Warriors Saturdays (10:00-12:00) at Central Baptist School Yorkshire NY

We have been growing every practice staying contagious, and developing a vision that brings purpose to everything we do!

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

wrestlingny
LIKE (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). What prize are you competing for and for whose glory?

wrestdad
Just look at my signature line!

Dog in stripes
Mayo08 wrote:
Vision - the ability to see things as they should be.

Action - the process of doing something

I haven't been to a youth tournament in years but I had the privilege of attending the USA-NY State championships this weekend. A great event with great wrestling. Who doesn't like little kids in their headgear and singlet that is a size too big being cheered on by their loving insanely supportive parents?

But I also noticed something else, what happens when we lose. Parents throwing fits over what they see as a bad call, parents and coaches screaming at kids after their heart has been broken over a tough loss. The scary thing is I would be lying if I said I never did it before.

Dick Vermeil said character reveals it self when you are up against it. Some times we are so passionately close to the goal we lose sight of the purpose. Is the championship really the most important thing? For me it took the words of Lighting McQueen (Cars) "It's only an empty cup" to wake me up to reality.

Why do we do what we do, because Nike's "Just do it" doesn't work. The product that comes off the mat should be more important than the product we put on the mat. The match has a time limit, but our impact can be endless.

So step back and examine your system, your way of doing things. Ask yourself how do I act as an athlete, coach, parent? Do I help build people up, or do I tear things down? How do you compete in your race of life (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). What prize are you competing for and for whose glory?

Vision without action is nothing more than a daydream and action without vision is nothing more than confusion. Make sure everything you do has a purpose.

At our club, our goal is to train every athlete inside and out.

Coach Hirsch
Team X

Come check out our practices:

Tuesdays and Thursdays (6:00-8:00) at Wyoming Central School.

MMA Handcrafted Warriors Saturdays (10:00-12:00) at Central Baptist School Yorkshire NY

We have been growing every practice staying contagious, and developing a vision that brings purpose to everything we do!

Very nice.....This morning I saw the son of a young man who my son had wrestled dozens of times from age 6 through high school on a video posted to Facebook....oh those memories came flooding back, his mom screaming as she filmed the match on her cell phone, the other wrestlers dad yelling "look away!" as a half was turning him to his back, the mobs of parents on their knees matside....Yes, I also admit I was one of those looney parents....
Page 1 of 1