Motivational Message from Team X: Courage View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Motivational Message from Team X: Courage

Mayo08
Message of the week:

Courage - as defined by John Wayne: Being scared to death, and saddling up anyways.

Believing in the light at the end of the tunnel as we enter the unknown darkest is a scary thing. Especially as a wrestler when the bumps and valleys can be painful ones.

I always liked cheering on the underdeveloped wrestler, the underdog, or the wrestler just starting out. You know they need courage to start and encouragement to keep going. You never know how far that pat on the back, or the, "keep up the good work," can go.

Everything worth achieving is hard in the beginning. I tell my students, athletes, and six and three year old daughters that the more you do hard things, the easier hard things become. Not because they get any easier but because you learn that you can overcome difficult situations.

Many folk-style wrestlers are afraid to try free-style or Greco because it is unfamiliar to them. Even though the best wrestles in the world do it to make themselves better.
No one climbs a smooth mountain. It's the cracks and bumps on the mountain that give us something to grip and hang on to. We wrestle not because it is easy, but because it is hard. We know it prepares us for the bigger struggles in life.

So I say face the Giants in your life. After all, David defeated Goliath not because he was too big to hit, but because he was too big to miss. (Philippians 4:13)

Team X Practice
Tuesdays Thursdays Wyoming Central School
6:00-8:00

Handcrafted Warriors
Saturdays 10:00-12:00

- Coach Hirsch

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

wrestlingny
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Amen
Page 1 of 1