Fred Bell tournament View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Fred Bell tournament

antiquerassler
Does anyone know of someplace to follow the Fred Bell tournament in Grove City, Pa. ?

mikef272002
antiquerassler wrote:
Does anyone know of someplace to follow the Fred Bell tournament in Grove City, Pa. ?

I'm here if you're looking for a particular match result.

antiquerassler
Thanks for replying. I am a Warsaw fan. One of the mothers will give me results after the tournament is over but I was hoping to find a site where I could follow the brackets. I know how they did on Friday, but was wondering about today's action.

Hook
How did they do yesterday?

antiquerassler
They have ten in the tournament and on Friday they were 19-0 with 17 pins and 2 majors. I believe the quarters were the first round today.

mikef272002
Paddock got pinned by peru and is going for 3rd. Galton got 5th

mikef272002
Paddock got 3rd

techbandit
must be some tough wrestling down there. I can remember being all xxxx and getting wiped up by geeky looking PA kids at wrestling camps in PA. it was always humbling.

antiquerassler
Although being one of only two incomplete teams competing, Falconer was the other, Warsaw finished 2nd of 36 teams 14.5 points behind the winner, with 2 runner ups, Sam Wolf at 106 and Aaron Mann at 220, Aaron Paddock 3rd at 182, and Nate Murphy at 120, Mike Galton at 138 and Noah Grover at 152 all finishing 5th. Although I don't know their results I believe Falconer only took two or three wrestlers, but we know they had at least one finalist with Peru at 182. Since most of the Pa. schools are regional schools they tend to be larger. Our two schools were probably a couple of the smaller schools there. Congratulations guys, way to represent.

mikef272002
antiquerassler wrote:
Although being one of only two incomplete teams competing, Falconer was the other, Warsaw finished 2nd of 36 teams 14.5 points behind the winner, with 2 runner ups, Sam Wolf at 106 and Aaron Mann at 220, Aaron Paddock 3rd at 182, and Nate Murphy at 120, Mike Galton at 138 and Noah Grover at 152 all finishing 5th. Although I don't know their results I believe Falconer only took two or three wrestlers, but we know they had at least one finalist with Peru at 182. Since most of the Pa. schools are regional schools they tend to be larger. Our two schools were probably a couple of the smaller schools there. Congratulations guys, way to represent.

Falconer brought 4 kids and finished around 25th place. Peru second at 182, Torres N/P, ingrao 5th, Page was on his way to placing but injury default. A ton of great wrustling all weekend, you have better of brought your A game to medal there. Definitely a grind of a tournament and congrats to Warsaw and Falconer..

cradle'em
Was the Peru Paddock match close at the time of the pin .

mikef272002
cradle'em wrote:
Was the Peru Paddock match close at the time of the pin .

Peru was up 9-4 at the time he pinned him. If he'd fought off his back Peru would of won 12-4 as there was short time left.

cradle'em
Thanks

jessefeffer
Hey Mike how serious is Cameron's injury? With class C next week and the state qualifier the one after, this is a bad time for lingering injuries. Also, kudos to Coach Drew Wilcox for challenging his program as evidenced by scheduling this tournament for these four wrestlers and taking that dual with Midlakes two years ago. It seems like every kid that takes the mat shows signs of reaching their potential and that's what it takes beat a lineup like Olean's.

mikef272002
jessefeffer wrote:
Hey Mike how serious is Cameron's injury? With class C next week and the state qualifier the one after, this is a bad time for lingering injuries. Also, kudos to Coach Drew Wilcox for challenging his program as evidenced by scheduling this tournament for these four wrestlers and taking that dual with Midlakes two years ago. It seems like every kid that takes the mat shows signs of reaching their potential and that's what it takes beat a lineup like Olean's.

His injury is to his ankle. It's not broken so that's the good news. However, it's very swollen and bruised and he can't put much weight on it. We're obviously hoping he can be a go for class, if not he'll have to get a medical wild card for class and go from there. It's the first time he's ever been injured so he's pretty upset about it. Kids heal a lot faster than us so we'll see. All he has to do really if he takes a medical is win 2 matches at sectionals and get in the finals because he should get a wild card. We'll know more in a few days. Yes, Drew does a great job seeking tough competition for the boys. He's one of the best coaches I've been around.
Page 1 of 1