Spencerport Tournament View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Spencerport Tournament

Heisenberg
Anyone have a list of teams that will be there ? Also, what time do finals start? I want to make the trip from section 6 to get my wrestling fix.

BJB7
Canisius [NY], Carthage [NY], Clarence [NY], Depew [NY], Gilead [NY], Irondequoit [NY], Johnson City [NY], Lancaster [NY], Lockport [NY], Niagara Falls [NY], Rush-Henrietta [NY], Spencerport [NY], St. Joseph's [NY], Wayne [NY]

Finals are usually around 5:30-6pm.

mja
Iroquois HS is attending also

Myboys
Who are the front runners at each weight?

Myboys
Who are the front runners at each weight?

thereptileguys
113 should be good group. Shaffer 1st place looks like he may still be up. So 120 should be also good...

Last edited by thereptileguys on Dec 27, 2017; edited 2 times in total

BJB7
113 will also have two other State Reps in Parker Rozler Lancaster and Aiden Rabideau Clarence.

Myboys
I do like Schafer at 113. But the section 6 boys can make some noise there as well. It will be interesting to see what boys start there cuts to get there weigh in they need for the end of the year. BrockPort has some light weights that should be making that move down

Heisenberg
I dont know who else will be there, but I like Andeesen at 220. Willie Mcdougald at 132, if thats where he wrestles at.

Smoothrider
It’s a shame this tournament dropped off used to be right up there with eastern states!

WrestlingFanNY
Wow! Canisius, Carthage, Clarence, Depew, Gilead, Irondequoit, Iroquois, Johnson City, Lancaster, Lockport, Niagara Falls, Rush-Henrietta, Spencerport, St. Joseph's , Wayne

Still looks like a large group of tough teams

mja
Will this be on track wrestling and is seeding out for the weight classes

WrestlingFanNY
It was the last few years

the kind one
WrestlingFanNY wrote:
Wow! Canisius, Carthage, Clarence, Depew, Gilead, Irondequoit, Iroquois, Johnson City, Lancaster, Lockport, Niagara Falls, Rush-Henrietta, Spencerport, St. Joseph's , Wayne

Still looks like a large group of tough teams

Gates Chili, Greece, Morrisville-Eaton, McQuaid, Cheektowaga, Wilson Magnet also appear to be attending.

Heisenberg
Made the drive to watch some of the Section 6 guys. This tournament didnt seem to be as loaded as in years past, but still worth the drive.
Rabideau had an impressive win. Gave up the first Td then fought back. Think i saw an outside cradle for 3 backs. 2 mats going for finals, so i was going back and forth watching. Rabideau seemed to have the bigger gas tank.
Another great win vs a quality opponent was Willie Mcd. He has some of the fastest fast twiitch muscles you’ll see on a high school wrestler. Solid win vs the Spencerport kid.
Andeesen tilted his guy at will for a tech. Day was all over his opponent, almost pulled his shoulder with the legs and power half. Stencel wasnt really threatened, and had a solid win.
I’d like to watch the Oswego tournament, but too far to drive.