Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals

LImarty
Everyone can pick a #1 or #2 seed....3s and 4s too !!!

Go outside the box. Pick the upset in whatever round.

@ 125 lbs.- I like Piccininni #6/ Ok St to avenge his loss to #3 Lee/ Iowa

@ 133 lbs- I like Austin Desanto #7 / Drexel to take out the #2 seed Micic/ Michigan. Open weight class.

@ 165 lbs- the upset heard around the world..lol. Chance Marstellar #9 runs it up on #1 Isiah Martinez !!! say what ??!!!

and I have some others too.

Oldskool
Desanto has to get past Mueller first.

quickpick
If Suriano (#4) is healthy, I think he beats Cruz (#1). I am concerned about Yianni having Heil in the quarters as Heil has had a ton of success in this tournament in the past. Yianni has the upper hand IMO due to his ability to scramble and remain in good position where Heil has been killed this year by the "danger rule" but it's no gimmie to beat a 2x national champ. Nolf is the 3 seed in a weight that I think he should win. I'm also pretty excited to see 197 as there has been a lot of controversy within this weight this year. 285 will be interesting between Snyder and Coon but probably won't be as exciting of a match as Snyder/Gwiz due to Coon not being as aggressive of a wrestler. Should be some interesting weights!!

coachlaz
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nolf claims 157 from the 3 seed position. lol My wildcard pick is that Sanderson motivates Rasheed who scores three consecutive upsets and wins at 197.I'm also going with Bojo getting to the semi from the 6 spot and shocking Mark Hall to make the finals. At 141 Heil and Eirman will meet in the conci final, and Heil will avenge the pinfall loss earlier this season to take third. Oh,and Coon takes the final collegiate showdown with Snyder.

125 - Nato
133- Gross
141- Yianni D
149- Retheford
157- Nolf
165- Imar
174-Valencia
184- Nickal
197- Rasheed
285- Coon

WrestlerofthePast
How is there not a fantasy pool set up on cbs sports for this ?!?!?!!?

BULL80
Being upsets they are all reach matches, biggest reach IMO is Tsirtis but i think he is peaking at the right time and he lives for the close matches.

133 Mueller over Desanto & Micic

141 Zacherl over Eierman

149 Tsirtis over Deakin and Sorensen

165 Campbell over Walsh & Wanzek
Massa over Mcfadden

197 Rasheed over Macchiavello

LImarty
Oldskool,

no doubt. Just think 133 is W-I-D-E open. Now, watch the #1 and #2 ...get to the finals...lol. Saw Micic, not impressed.

Like Piccininni over Lee...while. Lee is tough as nails. Picc losing , I think 10-5 ...he seemed to have figured out Lee in the third period. I think if, Nicky keeps this on his feet- he will beat the highly touted Lee.

Chance Marstellar is the kid no one is talking about. This PA wrestler has won a lot of wars and he owned many very good wrestlers through his years. If, he makes it to IMAR- In my opinion-IMAR may be beaten soundly. LOL...heck, Marstellar is a #9...so, he is not suppose to get there.

My doubts on Rasheed - as I expected. He is not too dynamic in neutral. I think he gets picked off- just for this reason. Coaches wont have their wrestlers -wrestle on the mat with him. He is small for the weight too. Hope, I'm wrong.

ringworm2000
LImarty wrote:
Oldskool,

no doubt. Just think 133 is W-I-D-E open. Now, watch the #1 and #2 ...get to the finals...lol. Saw Micic, not impressed.

Like Piccininni over Lee...while. Lee is tough as nails. Picc losing , I think 10-5 ...he seemed to have figured out Lee in the third period. I think if, Nicky keeps this on his feet- he will beat the highly touted Lee.

Chance Marstellar is the kid no one is talking about. This PA wrestler has won a lot of wars and he owned many very good wrestlers through his years. If, he makes it to IMAR- In my opinion-IMAR may be beaten soundly. LOL...heck, Marstellar is a #9...so, he is not suppose to get there.

My doubts on Rasheed - as I expected. He is not too dynamic in neutral. I think he gets picked off- just for this reason. Coaches wont have their wrestlers -wrestle on the mat with him. He is small for the weight too. Hope, I'm wrong.

Typical Long Island guy....Piccininni has zero chance over Lee....Lee manhandled the first time until he gased out in the 3rd. It will be even worse this time, maybe even a tech fall. Chance, should be called 3rd Chance Marstellar is a very solid wrestler and if he had kept his nose clean he might be competing and beating IMAR....but he didn't and he won't

133 Wide open.....no one will touch Seth Gross. He will be the NCAA Champ.

There will be two Cornell Champs one at 141 and the other by Fall over Colin Moore in finals at 197.

WrestlerofthePast
TrackWrestling will allow you to watch EVERY DIV I, II, III match for $40.

Caelknows
All Big Ten minus Meredith. Want to go Yanni D but gut feeling.

125 - Lee
133- - Pletcher
141- Meredith
149- Retheford
157 - Kemerer unfortunately
165- -Joseph
174- Hall
184- Nickal
197- Moore
285 -Snyder

Falcs96
LOL, and ironically, Marty was the same guy who said Piccininni would never cut it in D1 wrestling because he didn't have the proper build. Now he's picking him for upsets!!😂😂

Falcs96
I think Martinez gets his revenge on Joseph this year. He's been ticked since the end of last season, and is wrestling like it.

Falcs96
Snyder takes Coon again. Kyle was about 215 pounds the first time they met this season which was his Olympic weight class (giving away about 60 pounds). The more time that goes buy for Kyle to bulk up again, the more of as disadvantage it is for Coon.

LImarty
Falc,

REALLY ??? When ????

Actually, when working for FLO. I interviewed the four NYS wrestlers that I thought would have "successful" DI wrestling careers...ALL after Dake. ... Palacio, Gwiz, Rasheed, and Piccininni. It is all on record.

hey ringworm,

...0- chance ??? The difference in the first match was ONE tilt. The BIG 12 Champion also had 0- chance against Darian Cruz..lol. IMO- Lee will need to score because it will be a "takedown" match. also, picking Marstellar is like being at Saratoga Race track- and finding a longshot. Everyone likes the favorites....I look for the - "maybes". Marstellar's victories this season have been decisive. All I'm saying if, he gets to IMar....well, we'll have to wait and see. Lastly, let us not forget that the #4 seed Chad Walsh had one loss this season and that was by the way of Chance Marstellar..8-4. btw. this PA wrestler had all the markings of being one of the best out of PA in the last 20 yrs. He also torched a "typical" Long Island wrestler named Dylan Palacio.

TRIVIA QUESTION; Who was the last wrestler to beat Nick Suriano while they were both in H.S.

ringworm2000
125-Nato
133- Gross
141- Yanni D
149- Zain
157- LaValle (this one is wide open due to Nolf injury...if healthy he walk away with it)
165- IMAR
174- Valencia
184- Nickal
197- Darmstad
285- Snyder

Team Champ Ohio State

And Marty there is nothing typical about Dylan Palacio.
Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next