UB Wrestling 2018/2019 View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
UB Wrestling 2018/2019

jessefeffer
Story on the front page about UB @ Wisconsin tomorrow night. They should be a stronger team this year and I am especially interested in Troy Keller's debut and season. As a Juco national champion for NCCC who really was stellar, there's a prospective nickname, Stellar Keller, at that level. He might draw Evan Wick, NCAA #3 last year. There are plenty of great high school wrestlers that go to Juco programs with a dream of catching a DI transfer. Troy will be one to watch as he made it happen.

matburn
Site Admin
Projected Lineups

125: Kyle Akins (Buffalo) vs. Conner Brown (Wisconsin)
133: Derek Spann (Buffalo) vs. Jens Lantz (Wisconsin)
141: Bryan Lantry (Buffalo) vs. Tristan Moran (Wisconsin)
149: Jason Estevez/Kyle Todrank (Buffalo) vs. Cole Martin (Wisconsin)
157: Alex Smythe (Buffalo) vs. Zander Wick (Wisconsin)
165: Troy Keller (Buffalo) vs. #2 Evan Wick (Wisconsin)
174: Jake Lanning (Buffalo) vs. Ryan Christensen (Wisconsin)
184: Logan Rill (Buffalo) vs. Mason Reinhardt (Wisconsin)
197: Sam Schuyler/Brett Perry (Buffalo) vs. Brady Wetter (Wisconsin)
285: Jake Gunning/Nolan Terrance (Buffalo) vs. Trent Hillger (Wisconsin)

Heisenberg
Is Troy Keller still wrestling? Haven’t seen him in the lineup lately.

ksl66
Hurt his knee against Evan Wick, gonna be a while!

jessefeffer
Just watched Troy beat Aiden Monteverdi of Binghamton, 7-6. He looked strong but maybe a little slowed by his leg injury which was heavily wrapped. UB is thumping the Bearcats 23-3 after Troy's match.

jessefeffer
Regarding Troy Keller...............

Midlands 165
Troy Keller's place is unknown and has scored 0.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Anthony Valencia (Arizona State - UNAT) won in sudden victory - 1 over Troy Keller (Buffalo) (SV-1 8-6)
Cons. Round 1 - Troy Keller (Buffalo) received a bye () (Bye)

I know there are those out there that say there is no substitute for winning and close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but that is not me. I believe in meaningful losses especially in an individual sport. They can indicate and foster growth. Losing in OT to that guy is meaningful.

Falcs96
I believe Buffalo also has JUCO champion Nick Cassella joining the team in January.

quickpick
Looks like Keller lost in the blood round. I saw Casella was going there as well. What happened with Akins? I thought he was supposed to be there?

Heisenberg
UB goes to Penn St 2 years in a row and sits their top guys both times. Why even bother scheduling this dual? Money?

Crossface212
Heisenberg wrote:
UB goes to Penn St 2 years in a row and sits their top guys both times. Why even bother scheduling this dual? Money?

I had the same exact question after watching that match. I can't figure it out.

LImarty
Let's talk about Hofstra .....LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please, someone revoke their DI status.

For the last umpteenth years since Tom Ryan left- they have been in a tailspin downward passing on wrestlers such as Ian Paddock and other NYS wrestlers. When you start losing to the Ivies . When you take forfeits . When you move from the Mack Arena to the Gymnasium. When no one goes to watch.....COM'ON MAANNNN!!!!

Many say , I was the reason for Tom Shifflet being dismissed......TOM, IF YOU ARE READING.....YOU'RE WELCOME !!!!!!

PS. Coach Pappadatos, Patrovich, Franco. Sorry fellas....I know it aint your fault !!!!

Crossface212
LImarty wrote:
Let's talk about Hofstra .....LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please, someone revoke their DI status.

For the last umpteenth years since Tom Ryan left- they have been in a tailspin downward passing on wrestlers such as Ian Paddock and other NYS wrestlers. When you start losing to the Ivies . When you take forfeits . When you move from the Mack Arena to the Gymnasium. When no one goes to watch.....COM'ON MAANNNN!!!!

Many say , I was the reason for Tom Shifflet being dismissed......TOM, IF YOU ARE READING.....YOU'RE WELCOME !!!!!!

Totally different scenarios. UB is having an excellent season and the program is heading in the right direction. What Heisenberg and I are asking is why did UB schedule duals at PSU the last 2 seasons and then basically send back-ups in place of their top guys. If UB wanted to challenge their team and let them wrestle the best I could understand that but I don't understand scheduling the meet if you aren't going to let many of your starters compete. I can also understand not wanting to throw your best guys out against national champs in their last match before conferences but then why bother scheduling it?

LImarty
Just a guess.

UB wanted PSU.....NOT..the otherway around.

With the BIG 10s in a few weeks....WHY ??? make weight and chance injury.

JMO- If, you put PSU on your schedule- wrestle them before Jan.1

Falcs96
Is there ever a single friggen question that Marty can comprehend????

The guys asked why Buffalo sits there starters against Penne State, and Marty's response is, "Because Buffalo wanted to wrestle PSU???"

jessefeffer
If I had to guess, it's all financial. Probably something of a program payday to fill a date on a short trip this late in the season and PSU is cashing in every time they can open the gates. I doubt most of their fans care who they beat up on. Ironically, UB football travels there in early September for much the same reason only on a grander scale.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next