Community college kids to watch View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Community college kids to watch

mikef272002
If you want to follow a couple local kids at the community college level, there are 2 local kids ranked in the nation. Cameron Page of Jamestown CC is ranked #2 in the nation and Freddy Eckles of Niagara is ranked #5 in the nation. Both are local kids, Cameron wrestled for Falconer and placed 7th at nationals last year and 3rd at NYS his senior year of high school. Freddy Wrestled for I believe Lake Shore and also placed at states (not sure what place). Always nice to see local kids on the rankings, just passing along the info. People might think junior college isn't that tough, but I'm here to tell you it's no joke. Most kids are state champions in the rankings, or mulitple time champions all looking to get their grades up and move on to 4 year colleges.

jessefeffer
This is true. I am interested to see what Troy Keller does at UB after being an NJCAA champion and dominating the field. Tough start to face the #2 wrestler, Evan Wick of Wisconsin, and get hurt in his first match but it would not surprise me to see him qualify for the NCAA tournament at some point.

mikef272002
When does Keller return? If he's hurt too long, maybe they red shirt him?

quickpick
mikef272002 wrote:
When does Keller return? If he's hurt too long, maybe they red shirt him?

They would need to petition for a medical hardship redshirt through the NCAA I believe, as he has already participated in a competition with the team. Sucks though because he only has two years of eligibility left.

jessefeffer
He was listed as an option for UB"s lineup for their dual with Michigan State, if that means anything.
Page 1 of 1