State Tournament Pools View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
State Tournament Pools

SectionSix2019
NW is in fact the 2 seed. They will be in a bracket w #7 Chenango forks (Sec4) and Fox Lane (Sec1). The winner of this pool wrestled the winner of #3 Hilton (Sec5), #6Horseheads (Sec4) and Shenendehowa (Sec2).

Olean is unseeded and is with #4 Spencerport (Sec5) & #5 Fulton (Sec3)

Other pool #1 Massapequa, #8 Minisink Valley, Sachem

Falconer is unseeded and Pioneer unfortunately did not get a wildcard

Falcs96
LOL, Horseheads gets a WC over Rocky Point and Wantagh???? If you think Horseheads can beat either of those teams, you're sniffing glue!

jessefeffer
SectionSix2019 wrote:
NW is in fact the 2 seed. They will be in a bracket w #7 Chenango forks (Sec4) and Fox Lane (Sec1). The winner of this pool wrestled the winner of #3 Hilton (Sec5), #6Horseheads (Sec4) and Shenendehowa (Sec2).

Are brackets up somewhere? I'll go searching.

jessefeffer
jessefeffer wrote:
SectionSix2019 wrote:

Are brackets up somewhere? I'll go searching.

I found them at CNYWrestling. Looks like Peru of section 7 got a WC, maybe the Gouveneur spot. They lost to Saranac in their qualifier. And the info I read was wrong, Cold Spring Harbor is in section VIII.

jessefeffer
Falconer has Saranac of section VII and Warrensburg of section II in their pool. I think they have a good chance to advance. I like Tioga (Seaford, Eldred-Liberty), Mount Sinai (Pleasantville, Cold Spring Harbor), and CVA (Peru, Canisteo-Greenwood) to be the rest of the final 4.

Falcs96
Still havent heard how Horseheads and Spencerport merit Wildcards over Rocky Point and Wantagh. This is really based on nothing, isn't it?

BJB7
How many returning section placers does Rocky Point have, same with Wantagh? Per the LI site RP lost there 145lber so you cannot use him for criteria.

Falcs96
They both have 2.
Horseheads has 1, and Spencerport has ZIP.

BJB7
Are you serious?

Wersinger & Seth Russo ate two for Spencerport without even looking. Horseheads off the top of my head has Dale, Levey, Woodworth, Scibek.

legattack
Pretty sure Spencerport has returning sectional place winners I know at least wersinger went to states last year

legattack
Both vinci’s craig also

Falcs96
What are you talking about???? Horseheads has 1 returning state placeholder, and Spencerport has zero!

And give me a break with sectional placeholders. The Long Island sectionals are brutally tough. Section 4 has how many D1 teams?

legattack
Not saying the criteria is correct but it is the criteria

BJB7
Falcs96 wrote:
What are you talking about???? Horseheads has 1 returning state placeholder, and Spencerport has zero!

And give me a break with sectional placeholders. The Long Island sectionals are brutally tough. Section 4 has how many D1 teams?

I never said state placers i said sectional placers. Yes i agree that is a horrible criteria especially for section that doesn't even get bonus points for the individial state tournament.

Falcs96
So Section 4 automatically gets a WC every year, because they only have 3 teams in the section so everyone in each starting line-up is a sectional placeholder.

Do you have any idea how stupid that is? You should have just said from the beginning that it's wrong, instead of trying to justify it.

And dont bring up Section 10. That's an AUTOMATIC bid. They're not dumb enough to give Section 10 a WC!

Last edited by Falcs96 on Jan 20, 2019; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next