Take your BRICK..and stick it. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Take your BRICK..and stick it.

LImarty
lol.

This is another blasphemy of USA Wrestling/Olympic Committee .

Final X on FLO.

Retherford vs Diakomaholis 2 of 3.

Retherford in deep...Yianni with one leg shelved by Zain...impossible not to be exposed yet, Yianni does an amazing job and remains on his side without exposure IMO- another scramble and Yianni wins the next exposure- end of the match -Yianni comes out on top.Wait a minute...lol. The evaluation is about 50 secs back when Yianni was on his side- no brick at the that time- about possible exposure- yet, the brick didnt come out then....HUH ?????

Great job by both wrestlers. TERRIBLE RULEs and ridiculous to go back into a match that far back and evaluate exposure.......Do you know how many 100s of matches if dissected in this fashion would have opposite results.

CHALLENGES/bricks should occur ONLY at the next whistle.

heard that Koll/ Yianni will be petitioning the Olympic Comm. I believe this match will be re-wrestled. One period or all.

quickpick
Absolutely terrible decision.....Regardless of the interpretation of that series, they never should have been able to reverse it that far after it had occurred. They have 5 seconds from the time the points are awarded to challenge. Not only did they not challenge within 5 seconds of the series they overturned, they challenged after the match had ended. Yianni was wrestling with the thought that he was up 8-6. It could have totally changed the way he wrestled. Everything after the overturned decision should be "bad time" and they should have had them wrestle the last :50 at the very least. Now they need to completely re-wrestle that match IMO. Total garbage, refs making the sport about them and not the athletes on the mat. That being said Zain wrestled well, was aggressive and made an exciting match. I wanna watch match 3.

faceinthemat
Horrible robbery...two phenominal wrestlers competing at the highest level and this crap???...all I'm going to say is I hope the re-wrestle this one. How the hell is Yanni supposed to stomach that crap...just not right. Let these two studs duke it out to see who will represent the USA and win worlds!!! REMATCH ABSOLUTELY WARRANTED AND NECESSARY! And Zain needs to speak up for it also unless he wants an eternal * in the record books.

madmami
quickpick wrote:
Absolutely terrible decision.....Regardless of the interpretation of that series, they never should have been able to reverse it that far after it had occurred. They have 5 seconds from the time the points are awarded to challenge. Not only did they not challenge within 5 seconds of the series they overturned, they challenged after the match had ended. Yianni was wrestling with the thought that he was up 8-6. It could have totally changed the way he wrestled. Everything after the overturned decision should be "bad time" and they should have had them wrestle the last :50 at the very least. Now they need to completely re-wrestle that match IMO. Total garbage, refs making the sport about them and not the athletes on the mat. That being said Zain wrestled well, was aggressive and made an exciting match. I wanna watch match 3.

Yanni should be on offense no matter what the score is until the whistle blows. He already knows any time points are given the brick can be thrown. That excuse is poorly said. That was a good match, I am curious how it will play out .. when i watched it seemed to me and many others points were given to Yanni that in they opinion he didnt score. IDK unfortunately its not up to you ,I or anyone else. Wishing him all the best

LImarty
mami.

NO ONE is debating the "match"...two excellent contenders. Scoring is based on "exposure". I disagree with you- Yianni was aggressive- Zain could have been hit with "passivity". THE RULEs are the focus- . The brick was thrown at the end of 2 of 3....the change in point determination was back almost 50 seconds to a minute- THIS is the basis of contention and IMO should never happen. Dissecting exposure points should be immediate- and- challenged at that time with a brick toss...it wasn't in this match.

quickpick
madmami wrote:
quickpick wrote:

Yanni should be on offense no matter what the score is until the whistle blows. He already knows any time points are given the brick can be thrown. That excuse is poorly said. That was a good match, I am curious how it will play out .. when i watched it seemed to me and many others points were given to Yanni that in they opinion he didnt score. IDK unfortunately its not up to you ,I or anyone else. Wishing him all the best

Big difference between being on offense and wrestling to win a match/series. If you’ve got 50 seconds left and you know you’re down, anything is fair game. If you’re up, you wrestle to keep out of passivity and score when it’s open, but no one is exposing themselves enough to get scored on in that situation. That’s not an excuse, that is smart wrestling. Not to mention after 50 seconds go by, you shouldn’t have to worry about the brick.
Page 1 of 1