One of the greats.

iamscharles
longtimefanV wrote:
One of the greats.

Agreed.

Theunvrdies
I concur.

Sweetlou
He was a beast. Just wondering - why do you bring it up?

Hambone
longtimefanV wrote:
One of the greats.

Absolutely!!!

longtimefanV
I ran into Chris the other day and just seeing him reminded me of how hard of a worker he was and how he took it to everyone he wrestled. You just don't see wrestlers like Schojan these days.

jspallina
I WRESTLED HIM, HE DID NOT STICK IT TO ME ! 1 POINT MACTH IN GREECE NY 1983 . LAPETRA DODGED ME, CHRIS SUCKED DOWN AND THE WAR WAS ON @ 167 + 2 POUNDS 169 THAT TIME OF THE YEAR.

upstategrappler
i dont know anything about him. I'm too young. Where was he from. What did he do well (Moves). Was eh a state champ, D1? Or was he just one of the greats that did not win states or go to school for wretsling. As we all know there are some amazing kids that are not D1 or state champs. Sorry for being out of the loop.

ERGrad NiskyDad
Chris Schojan , State Champ for ER 1985 . Good kid , hard as nails ! Came outta the PIT that we all knew and loved at ER , place that either made you tough or sent you packing ! Doubt Lappy dodged anyone ! That Was Quinns decision on who went were ! You are not the number 1 team in the State that year by dodging people ! You put the wrestler out on the mat who is gonna get you the win !

upstategrappler
Thanks for the info

Hambone
upstategrappler wrote:
i dont know anything about him. I'm too young. Where was he from. What did he do well (Moves). Was eh a state champ, D1? Or was he just one of the greats that did not win states or go to school for wretsling. As we all know there are some amazing kids that are not D1 or state champs. Sorry for being out of the loop.

He was a State Champion from a small school (ER) way before D1 and D2 were separate. I believe the year was 1985 and his weight was 177.

schojanlegacyliveson
Hey you guys this is chris cousin umm us schojans are all related this year im doing my jv year of high school wrestling ca this schojan get support to maybe go to the states this year for new york

MarineSniper
Just the mention of the name Chris Schojan brings chills to my body. @ complete animal from ER who did win @ State Championship @ 177. I can still remember the Battle Chris and my Godson, Addison's Gary Hively would put on. Also remember Mr. Schojan standing in the doorway of the Gym watching his son wrestle. @ Mountain of @ man who represented ER in a very positive way. I was very delighted that an Armdrag reader brought this young man back into the spotlight. You gave us @ lot of memories Chris, even though we had to face you from time to time. Give us a shout and let us know how you have been, just great to hear your name mentioned again. Regards, Coach Cook, Sr. Addison, N.Y. My son Greg Cook, who graduated in 90 Coach's AlfredAlmond's Varsity wrestling program. Had AA's 2nd State Champion, Connor Calkins in 2013. Regards to you and your Family.

Old School Ranger
I never saw him wrestle, but he had to be tough to win at States. Don Quinn was turning-out tough guys long-before that. Mike Duffy lost a state title on referee's decision to a Sec. 11 kid, Bill Proios from Port Jefferson at 154 lb in 1969. I did see him wrestle (from the other side of the mat), and he was a hard-working guy as-was anyone from East Rochester in those days. Quinn's kids were well conditioned & well-coached.

TallicaFan
I remember going to ER for practice a few times. Let me tell ya. You could feel his presence when he walked into the room. Total intimidation. One of the greats for sure.